Chapter 29: What Does Sam's Past Have To Do With Now?

After she read Jill's Journal, she meditated in the Force. She got something that most would think very odd. A young version of herself started to communicate with her. "You don't have much time..."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"OH GOD! I will grow up to be stupid after all!"

"If you are a young persona of myself... be careful. I remember I would not allow that Twi'lek to sass-back talk me..."

"Neither will I, with you." She paused, "as I said, there is no time for trivial matters."

"Go on."

"After you read Jill's journal, you are in need to send your Padawan back in time. At the moment, please don't tell him we talked. I am doing everything to keep him from noticing our conversations."

"I know that the Stargate..."

"It will not be by the ring devices this time, but it will be by the same system. Several years back, I created this Stargate system, as you call it, for a class project." She paused, "I later realized I did so for every Jedi Knight of my time to scatter them through time and space. Yes, Daniel learned about that, but there is tons more than what he and everyone else can learn about. Again, this is not the time for it." "I am here to have you both sent to a certain location, and how to send your Master back in time."

"OH MY GOD!! HE IS MY MASTER AFTER ALL?"

"Yes, in fact, I will be the one that was trained."

"What!?"

"OH GOD, I will grow up to be stupid."

"Stop that back talk, young one."

She giggled, "Yes, I can use powers beyond your understanding, and in due time, you will have them. Know this... stupid... time is far from being linear." She paused once more and told her all she needed to know.

After several hours, they all arrived at the SGC. When they got out, she gave her Padawan a quiet look. He was familiar with that look. It meant, we need to talk but in a private place.

When the three of them got to the Gate Room, Sam spoke, "Nomi, Brandon and I need to be elsewhere. Please tell Ituor he is in command until we get back. I don't know when that will be."

"I'll do as you ask."

Nomi and Brandon hugged and kissed each other. She simply smiled at him before she went through the wormhole.

General Davis said, "Can we dial a place for you, Sam?"

"Sorry General, this time I will have to do it. Until Palpatine is dead and gone, I won't allow the Force to record the destination. I will in time allow you to do so, but Brandon and I need our solitude until we are ready."

As usual, he did not like to be in the dark by anyone, including the Jedi Knights, but he knew and trusted Sam far too much not to argue over this.

She used the Force as if she would dial to the Great City of the Jedi Knights. Seconds later, she looked at her Padawan and said, "Let's go."

Before they went through, General Davis said, "May the Force be with you both."

She replied, "Yes, it may. We will return." Sam turned and faced him. She gave him a military salute. General Davis saluted back. Sam and Brandon went through.

They were in a small room when they got to their destination. She said, "We're at a place where we can have complete privacy. We're at a place where Tumok taught me things that most Jedi never could learn. By reading Jill's journal, this place was where the Ancient Jedi trained to be the Jedi Knights we are today."