Chapter 22: A New Hope

Life is tough. It throws curveballs, not just hardballs. But remember, even in the deepest darkness, dawn is coming. Hope is the fuel that keeps us going, so never give up.

Despite enduring immense suffering and distress, Grand Duchess Jedi Sam O'Neill remained resolute. Bolstered by the unwavering affection and guidance of her Master Tumok, the camaraderie of her newfound Jedi allies, the steadfastness of her lifelong companions, and the nurturing presence of her kin, she persevered. Her vocation was not a gift from the Force; it was a testament to her tenacity, clinging to the inner strength that was hers all along, even amidst doubts of its existence.

Transitioning from Captain Samantha Carter to the apprentice of Master Jedi Tumok, Sam discovered an abundance of hope within her that she had never acknowledged. This newfound optimism was the key to her triumph over numerous challenges. Today, she stands as the Grand Master Jedi of Earth, the esteemed Grand Duchess Jedi overseeing all Jedi Knights, and even more. In time, she will master her emerging powers, which will undoubtedly transform her existence in profound ways. Her unwavering self-belief is the reason she has achieved such remarkable feats.

Endurance in the face of adversity nurtures hope. This very hope was the catalyst for the Rebellion's valiant stand against the Empire in bygone days. It is the same hope vested in Earth's inaugural Jedi Knights that has propelled them to their current standing. It is hope that empowers Earth's denizens to give their all in the battle against the Dark Side. United in this conflict, how could Emperor Palpatine possibly prevail?

Upon discovering Brandon Bowers in Atlanta, Georgia, his potential as a trainee hinged on his perseverance. Hope is the foundation that enables us to embrace life's lessons. His acceptance stemmed from a personal journey, not a contest with others. Indifferent to comparisons, he focused solely on surpassing his own past achievements. This self-reflective ambition instilled in him the humility to embrace concepts once foreign, at the outset of their dialogue.

The progress of Earth can be largely attributed to the tireless efforts of the initial pair of terrestrial Jedi Knights, who have acted in the interest of all. These Jedi have grown immensely powerful in the Force. It is through the nurturing of hope, the dedication to truth, and the quest for happiness that extraordinary outcomes are achieved. While Sam O'Neill has emerged from her adversities, the threat of the Dark side persists. The choice to embrace this new role remains hers to make freely.

**********

While on Dagobah, both Grand Chancellor Jedi Knight Brandon and Nomi Bowers were doing very well in their special training in using the powers of the Ancients. Master Jedi Bowbr Ammur said, "Don't think you will learn how to use these powers as fluently as the Ancients themselves."

"I would hope not. If it was that easy, then Emperor Palpatine could master these powers himself," Nomi said.

"Fantastic my beloved. What concerns me is why we are learning these powers. I feel that my Master will be the one to confront Palpatine alone."

Master Jedi Bowbr Ammur stopped with the training and asked Nomi and Brandon to have a seat with him. They followed him a scant distance, and he sat on a nearby ledge. They followed. "Brandon you are right." Before Bowbr said more, a noise went off on his watch. "this must be important. I have a message coming on through my comlink on my ship." The three of them raced inside, he said, "this is Master Jedi Bowbr Ammur. What can I do for you?"

A voice on the other end said, "This is a message from Grand Duchess Jedi Sam O'Neill. She would like to communicate with you."

"This is Grand Chancellor Jedi Knight Brandon Bowers. What does my Master want?"