Chapter 12

4:25 pm

5 more minutes to go.

Can time move any more slower than this?

Mrs. Tolentino was discussing about a project but I was too busy looking at the clock above her.

4 minutes till the bell rings.

I played with my pen as I watch the second hand moves. I feel like Britney Spears on Hit Me Baby One More Time music video, looking bored and waiting for the class to end. But the truth is, I was just excited to go home. James, my brother will be coming home after 4 months and I just have to be there when he gets home.

2 minutes more to go.

I sighed loudly and rest my chin on my palm. Patience is really not my virtue, which I would likely to agree. I look over the window of the classroom. It was a clear sunny day outside, some students are already outside being dismiss early by their teacher. I envy them, how I wish Mrs. Tolentino does not have an OCD on time management. I think she even timed on how long she will eat.

Krrrriiiinnnnggggg krrrrriiiinnngggg..

At last! I mentally fist pump as I heard the bell rang.

Mrs. Tolentino was still saying about something but I had already shoving my things on my bag as I walk towards the door. With quick steps I hurriedly pass by students on the hallway and was heading to the nearest exist. But I guess things are not what I planned it to be because before I could even get to the exist someone grab my arm.

“Where do you think you are going?” Chad asked as he move us to the side.

“Home, where do you think I am going anyway?” I snap at him as I remove his hand on my arm.

“Home?” He looks at me curiously. “That is not seem a possibility for you Jane.”

“And why going home not a possibility for me?” I asked him with a frown. I really want to go home already and Chad is delaying that. I really hate this guy.

“Aren’t you listening on Miss Lopez on English class?” He asked back and I just look at him blankly. What did Miss Lopez said on the class anyway? I can’t even remember what had happened for the rest of the day. I was so busy thinking about what food to prepare for James and how I miss him so much to care on what is happening on my surrounding.

“What did she said anyway?” I asked dumbly. I was thinking on what had Miss Lopez had said early at class but I guess everything about today had went to my short term memory.

He sighed loudly and put left hand on his hips while the other right one was clutching on the strap of his bag. “We will be having a private practice for the end part of the play.”

The end part of the play. The morbid part of it and the part where Chad have to kiss me before he kills himself. Shit! I hate that part of the play. I still can’t understand why Miss Lopez have to put a kissing scene on that part. Doesn’t she know that she is ruining my innocence because of that? Guess not, because I had talk to her for countless time this week about that kiss and she just can’t remove it on the play.

“I can’t do the private practice, I have other places to go to.” I told him and was about to head to the exit but Chad was blocking my way.

“Give me a valid reason, not just that.” He said with his arms across his chest.

I rolled my eyes at him. “I don’t have to explain things about me Yu, you are not my keeper.”

“Then you leave me no choice.” He then smiled mischievously and before I knew it he was already hauling me at his shoulder.