Chapter 13

“He did what?!” Beth scream at the other end of the phone. I think my eardrums was damage by her scream. Beth can be overly dramatic with situation like this, especially that this the first time that this had happened.

“Do you really have to yell?!” I also yelled at her.

“I just can’t believe it! He ask you out! Chad Anthony Yu, ask you out!” She scream again more loudly this time. And with this I took the phone from my ear and switch it to loud speak because my ear can’t handle it anymore.

“Him asking me out is really that big deal to you huh?” I sarcastically asked to her as I lay to my bed.

“Of course! Especially that Jake have to pay me 500 pesos because of it!” She bluntly answered.

“You did not just bet on my love life with Jake!” I shouted at her.

“I just did so don’t mope about it!” She answered like it was just nothing! My best friend is just so cruel. “So, what will you wear on your date?” She smoothly changes the topic.

“I won’t be wearing anything.” I said in a bored tone.

“Jane! You kinky gal! Are going to seduce him or what?” My best friend sure have a green mind.

I grunt in disbelief. “I am not thinking of wearing anything because I am not going out with Chad!”

The other line become silent, then. “C’mon again?”

“I didn’t said yes to Chad.” I sheepishly replied closing my eyes as I did so.

“But why?!” She shouted.

“Because I thought it was just another prank of his and don’t expect me to say yes to that guy Beth! You know that I don’t like him.” I answered pouting.

“You really don’t like him?” She asked in a somewhat serious tone.

I was taken aback by her question. Of course, I don’t like him! He’s annoying, a bully, his infuriating and he just stole my first kiss with a smack!

But why can’t I answered the damn question right away?

Do I like him somehow? No, that is just stupid.

Of course! I don’t like him.

I don’t like Chad Anthony Yu!

I don’t!

I don’t1

“Jane?” Beth voice snap me from my chain of thoughts.

“Yeah?” I answered her as I hugged my pillow.

“Did you outright said no to him?” She asked in a soft tone.

“No, I told him that I think about it.” I replied.

“Just go out him or you'll regret it in the end.” She advised and it kind of struck me. Would I really regret it in the end if I will say no to him? Would Chad be not that bad as I think he is?

“I have to go Jane, just go with your instinct.” She then hung up.

I lay there looking at the white ceiling of my room as I think things over.

Should I?

Or should I not?

If I should, how will I say it to him? Will I text him? Or will I call him?

What will he think if I said yes? Would he think I was just an easy target?

Why did he even asked me out on the first place?