Chapter 21

“Jane, our play will start in 30 minutes.”  Bet inform me as she walks towards me. 

The program had already started one hour ago and the backstage is so full of people that I feel claustrophobic and decided to go outside. Miss Lopez agreed to this as I asked for her permission thinking maybe that I’m just nervous, well I am nervous who won’t be?

I nodded as I got up from the bench that I was sitting on. “You okay?” She asked as she gave me a hug.

“I’m okay, just freaking nervous right now.” I answered.

“I’m nervous too.” She admitted. “C’mon, Miss Lopez already had her panties twisted and she is already looking for you.” And with that we went back backstage just in time for Miss Lopez little meeting before we start.

“Okay guys.” She started; I like it that he refers to us as guys not kids. “This is it. I know that you are all nervous, we are all nervous, but just a last seconds advice, if you ever forget your line just do some adlib. Don’t forget to do adlib, because you will just make yourself look stupid if you will stood there not saying anything, okay?” We all nodded our head to this. “Whatever happens tonight, just have fun and do great. And even if we suck this up, I will still treat you all to dinner after this.” We cheered because of this.

“Okay, hands in.” She said and but her hand forward then we all formed a circle and put our hands with her and shouted. “Juniors!”

“Jane, hurry! You have to change for the ball.” Beth yelled as I walk out the stage after my first scene. I hurriedly follow Beth to the dressing room, we only have 15 minutes to change and we have to make it fast because they have to do make over as well. As I enter the dressing room my clothes are taken off and in less than 2 minutes I’m already in this sky blue cocktail dress with glitters, I didn’t have time to admire my change in appearance because they are all hovering me with make ups to my face and curling iron on my hair. As soon as there are finished Beth herself put on the mask for me and she made me turn around and everybody in the room shriek in delight by then Miss Lopez knock at the door and informed us that the ball scene is about to start.

I put on the blue high heeled shoe that matches the dress and walk out the room, as soon as I was out almost all eyes are on me and I don’t know why. “Why are they staring?” I whispered on Beth as we walk to the backstage.

“Cause you’re beautiful Jane, very beautiful.” She said with a huge smile on her face.

“Really?” I said in disbelief, she then grabs my arm and drag me to the nearest mirror she could see. She then made me stand in front of it with my eyes close

“Beth, this is absurd! The scene is about to start.” I exclaimed.

“This is not absurd and I want you to see how beautiful you are because you always harsh on yourself and you will be appear in the middle part of the scene so no harm done if you will be a little bit late.” She mutter as she puts her hands on my shoulder. “Okay, on the count of three open your eyes. One. Two. Three.”

As soon as she said the three I open my eyes and a full length mirror was in front and on its reflection is a beautiful girl in a strapless sky blue dress with the glitter and the lights reflecting on them the dress looks like glowing. Her black hair is pinned half way and has soft curls in the end, she has a light make up that seems to enhance her natural beauty and the mask gives a mysterious aura in her. “Wow, who is she? That can’t be me.” I said in a whisper still can’t believe on the reflection I see on the mirror

“It’s you, you dummy. C’mon let’s go.” She said and I follow her to the stage. Miss Lopez is already looking for me and gives a sigh of relief as soon as she saw me coming. She then admired my new appearance and positioned me on the side of the stage for my grand entrance