Chapter 16

“You should have seen your face.” He said after he had laugh out loud with my reaction. And I have been frowning for the last couple of seconds because of that.

“You’re so mean.” I grunt at him. I really want to hit him or punch him on the face right now but I refrain myself for doing so. Because I don’t want to have another kiss stolen away from me by this guy.

“Okay.” He bite his lower lips to stop himself from laughing again. “I’m sorry, it just that I never thought that you will react that way?”

“And what kind of reaction are you expecting from me anyway?” I dart him a glare.

“I don’t know..” His eye went to the ceiling, thinking. “I was expecting you to give me a glare and punch me in the face, I think.” He smirk as his own expectation.

I rolled my eyes at him but I can’t believe that what he was thinking would be the first thing that I would be doing if I hadn’t stop myself. “Well, you are right about that.”

“Really? But why didn’t you do it?” He asked curiously.

“Because I don’t another kiss be stolen away from me.” I answered pouting but also blushing as I look at the ocean. I was a bit embarrass by my answer but I want him to know that I was not liking it. I want a proper kiss not a stolen one. I mean, it’s not that I want it to be him but I want my first real kiss to be amazing you know? Like the ones in the books and in the movie. I know I am such a hopeless romantic when it comes to this.

“Oh..do you want me to give you a proper kiss then?” He asked as if he had just read what I was thinking. I tried not to react with this but how did he have knew that? Is he one of those vampires that could read minds?

“Of course not!” I replied in a high pitch voice but I then cough it off. “I just don’t want you to be comfortable stealing kisses from me, that’s all.”

He arched a brow at me with a smirk on his lips. “Really? Is that really the reason to it?”

“Of course!” I feel my face heat up as I answer so. “It is just not right you know.” I bow my head now really feeling embarrass.

I heard him sighed out and slap his thigh as he stood up from his seat. I sense him walk to me and sat next me which made my heart pound faster in my chest. He was fiddling his hands on his lap like he was nervous about something but then he stop and took another deep breath.

“Jane..”

“HmMm?” I slowly look up to him. He then turn side way as we are now face to face with each other.

“I really like you.” He said with his cheeks gave a small flush. “I really don’t know what are my reason are but I know that I do somehow but every time I see you they all just seem to flew away. Most of the time I just can’t think straight when your eyes meet mine. And as I supposed to say the right words my mouth would seem to say annoying ones. So instead of making you feel special I would end up annoying or frustrating you. And it is just so damn hard to do, you know.” He look defeated as he said the later part.

“No, I don’t know.” I cheekily butt in to his amazing speech. The butterflies in my stomach are now happily flustering inside and my heart is pounding loudly in my chest. Never in my wildest dream and imagination have I thought that Chad would like me and would confess his feeling like this.

“I know you don’t especially when you eyes had been on Michael.” I glare at him when he said Michael’s name. “But I know that you are now over him.” He added then a smug smirk form on his lips. “Because you are now gushing all over me.”