Chapter 26

“Are you ready?” 

I turned around and saw James leaning on my door with a bag slung in his shoulder. “Just a sec.” I answered as I took another look in my bag.

Clothes until tomorrow, swimsuits, towels and toiletries. Check, check, check, and check. I guess that would be all. I said to myself as I scan my bag.

“Okay ready.” I announced as I zipped my bag and drape it on my shoulder.

“Good, because Jen and Chad are already outside.” James retorted with his phone in his hands. I think he just receive a text from Jen. Did I already inform you that the two of them are dating now? Okay, now you know.

“Let’s go then.” I said as I walk towards him.

“Where’s the parents by the way?” James asked as we stop by the door and I just shrugged my shoulder in reply.

“Mom and Dad!” James suddenly yelled as I opened the door. “We’re going now!”

“Okay!” Mom shouted in reply and it seem like it was coming from the kitchen. “Take care and have fun!” She added.

“But not too much!” Dad continued. James and I just chuckled by Dad’s response. 

“Jane!” Jen called and ran to me then gave me a hugged. “I missed you so much!”

“Jen..” I pushed her away. “We just hang out last weekend.”

“It was a week ago.” She pouted and just rolled my eyes at her.

“Good morning Jen.” James greeted and I guess it is time for me to exit the scene.

“Good morning to you too James.” Jen answered shyly.

Oh Gosh, how awkward this is. So with that I walk away from the two love birds and went to Chad who is across the street.

“Nice van.” I commented as I notice that he was leaning on a van.

He rolled his eyes at me and pulled me into a hug. “Good morning to you too.” He then place a kiss on my forehead.

“Please don’t do that.” I said as I slightly pushed him away. “James is here.” I added as a matter of fact.

“I think James is the least of your problem Jane.” He answered with a smirk.

I raise a brow at him. “And why is that?”

“Because he is busy kissing my sister right now.” He replied. “And it is really awkwardly disgusting.”

I turned around as he said that thinking it was just a joke. But there it is, James and Jen kissing like there is no one in the world but them.

“Get a room!” I shouted and both of them pulled away.

*****

“Are we there yet?” I asked looking bored.

“25.” I heard Beth muttered at the back, I was sitting shot gun, you see. “You had already asked that for 25 times Jane.”

“Because we had been travelling for almost 25 million years Beth.” I replied at her.

“We had only been travelling for an hour sis.” James informed and I just rolled my eyes at him.

“And one more hour to go Jane.” Jen added smiling.

I groaned with Jen reply and slouch back on my seat. I really don’t know why I let Jen and Beth decide on where we should go for the weekend. And I really don’t know why of all places they had decided to go on a mountain resort two towns away from ours. The two of them are just crazy, they are really crazy.