Chapter 6

Edited.

“That was sweet of you Chad but I really don’t like guys who suck my hand.” I bluntly said after I pulled my hand that he just kissed. I know I should feel giddy or something like the girls in the romance novel do but I didn’t and I also didn’t gross out about it, it just weird.

“You’re feisty like Jane, are you sure you’re her cousin and not a twin or a doppelganger??” He asked with crooked smirk and I just rolled my eyes at him.

“Being feisty runs in the family.” I proudly said meeting his gaze.

“That I can tell.” He said with a mischievous glint in his eyes he was about to continue when someone called his name.

A couple was walking towards us, the guy is almost as tall as Chad with black clean cut hair and a familiar face wearing a checkered black and blue polo shirt and a faded jeans and the girl was pretty enough wearing a red dress that hugs her body and I know this is kind of bad for me to say but she looks like a pick up girl.

“Chad, we were looking all over for you.” The guy said as soon as he was in front of Chad. “Steve kind a pass out already and Jake is asking about something about slime.” He ended in a confuse tone.

“Shit! Where did you see Jake?” Chad asked with an annoyed tone. In the other hand, Beth and Kris was giving me signals that they are heading to the living room where the dance floor was and I signal back for them to wait for me.

“I hate to intrude but I think I have to go.” I excuse to Chad and the couple.

“Hey! You look familiar.” The guy said as soon as he notice me. “She looks like Jane.” He said which made my heart skip a beat. “But Jane won’t dress up like this even after all this years, maybe not.” He criticize after checking me out and what a pervert.

“Well, thank you for that remark for my cousin.” I sarcastically said and just wishing that I could at least just have one punch on this douche.

“She does look like Jane but Jane is much a tomboy to dress up, Mike.” Chad added up and my fist clinched just wanting to punch him in that face of his but I stop because of the fact that he refer to the guy as Mike (Mike for being his nickname for Michael). I look at the guy one more time and I now see why he looks familiar but in a different way. The Michael that I used to know was cute and kind looking but this guy in front of me looks like he would make out to any girl that would come his way tonight.

“You know I really want to hear more of your kind comments for my cousin but I would rather not because you two might be at a hospital bed at the end of this night. So excuse my rudeness but I’m out of here.” I said with annoyance then walk towards Beth and Kris that are waiting at the door.

“Jamie wait!” Chad called out then grab my wrist and turned me around. “I sorry for that I didn’t mean to offend you but it was just boy’s talk.” He said in a sincere voice which made me frown, boy’s talk? Really and he would really think I would believe that?