Chapter Thirteen

I had my stuff packed and ready. I was already at Matts. Now we were just waiting on the bus.

"It's here." Val said coming in from outside.

I have Val a hug and started out the door.

"You ready Gates?" Johnny asked me as we both walked on the bus.

I shrugged my shoulders and sat my main bag on my bunk, "ready as I'll ever be."

"Don't let her get to you dude." Aarin said walking to his bunk.

I rolled my eyes and took the rest off my stuff off the bus, to go under it.

"Help me load the guitars." Zacky said coming from the garage with a two of his guitars.

I jogged over and started grabbing gear.

An hour later, we were on the road and on the way to the first city of the tour, Louisiana. I don't know why it was first, but it was. None of is really drank ourselves silly either cause no one likes to play hung over. Specially the first day. Maybe the fifth or sixth.

I woke up that next day, near one in the afternoon. The bus was still and quiet.

"Where the fuck?" I said to myself as I walked threw the bus.

No one was on it.

I out my sneakers on and grabbed my jacket as I walked off the bus. We were outside the venue, but still, no one was outside. I was getting extremely aggravated.

"Gates!" Someone yelled at me.

I turned around and it was Jason.

"Where the fuck is everyone?" I asked.

Jason looked at me funny, "Inside. I was on my way to get you for sound check."

"Why didn't anyone wake me sooner?" I asked as we walked inside.

He shrugged his shoulders.

Few hours after sound check, it was show time. I was standing on my platform as we went into the last song of the encore, 'Unholy Confessions.' The crowed was going crazy. So fucking crazy. That was the only reason I loved first shows, from how crazy it was.

Middle of the song, I found myself deep into my thoughts. Wondering, if I was going to see Cyndy in Florida in the next few weeks. I hoped more then anything I would.

Matt screamed really loud toward the end of the song, breaking my thoughts as I jumped on the platform with him. I held my guitar up and mixed cross roads riffs with the Confessions riff. The crowed went nuts. I slung my guitar off and took a bow then jumped off the platform, handing Jason my guitar. I grabbed a few picks and tossed them into the crowed, and shook a few hands. Then I was off to the bus. I was ready to get out of here and move on. I wanted to get to Florida.