Chapter Six: I Owe You

Mitch's POV

I wake up in an empty bed.  I grab my phone, seeing a text from Scott.  

Sally🙈😘: Text me when you're up.❤️😴

Miranda💁👑😍: I'm awake, and you're not here.😪💔

Sally🙈😘: I'll be back in an hour. Get in your swim trunks. It's a beach day.☺️

Miranda💁👑😍: But I want Starbucks.😫

Sally🙈😘: Ice coffee is in the fridge. Muffins and scones are on the counter.😉

Miranda💁👑😍: I owe you.😍

I walk out into the kitchen and get my coffee and scones.  I then walk to the living room to get my daily dose of Spongebob.  Gosh, he's a funny one.  I walk into the bathroom, take a quick shower, and get into my swim trunks.  I walk out seeing Scott on the couch, most likely scrolling through Twitter.

"Hey, Scooter." I say, looking for my sunglasses.

"Hey, Mitchell.  Looking for something?" he asks, smirking, and holding my sunglasses up in the air.

"Give me those!" I yell, running after him.  He stands up, holding them up in the air.

"Jump, Mitchie,  Jump for them."  I jump, swinging my arms in the air.

"Scottie." I say, making a sad face.

"Here, babe."  He gave me my sunglasses and stole a kiss from me.  I love the nickname he just gave me.  I could definitely get used to that...if he would ever ask me to be his boyfriend.

Scott's POV

I've been away all morning getting stuff ready for tonight.  I've had to work in the apartment, so I had to be super quiet, but Mitch could sleep through an earthquake.  I'm asking him to be mine tonight, and I'm praying to God that he says yes.

"Ready to go to the beach?" I ask him.

"Yep!" he says, running to the door with his bag.  He always brought his bag with him, and it was always filled with the same exact things: a towel, sunscreen, money, a video camera for vlogging, and whatever John Green novel he was reading at that time.  I, on the other hand, only needed a towel.  I was always in the water or playing beach volleyball, but sometimes I hate playing.  I hate leaving Mitch by himself, so I don't play a lot anymore.  There's no place I'd rather be than with Mitchell Grassi.