Chapter Thirty-One: Hospital

Scott's POV

Mitch has been in the hospital for a couple of days now, and the only time I've left is to go home to take a shower. I haven't been able to see him. They said that he passed out due to not eating, but that I had saved him. But why don't I feel any better? Oh, that's right. Because I caused all of this to happen.

"Scott Hoying?" a nurse says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, that's me." I say, standing up.

"You can go see him now. He's in room 416."

"Thank you."

When I get in the room, I see him. I see his small, fragile body. How could I have not noticed this? He's asleep, so I walk over and sit down. I kiss his head and take his small, cold hand. I see a letter on the table that says "To Scott," so I decide to open it.

Scott,

I've been awake for a day now, but I can't handle to see you. You deserve a real letter on how I feel about you. I love you. I love everything about you. I love waking up next to you in the morning. I love that I'm the only one allowed to run my fingers through your hair. I love you smile. You always say my smile is gorgeous, but that smile wouldn't be there if it wasn't for you. I know you may have a hard time believing me when I say this, but I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. I know you, Scott, a lot better than I know myself, and I know you're blaming yourself for everything, but please don't. You were busy. I shouldn't have even attempted it. I knew you wouldn't have let me go through with it, but there's a big reason why I'm glad you saved me, and that's because in a couple of nights, I'll get to wake up to your handsome self the next morning. I'll get to kiss your lips and fall asleep in your arms. Scott, you're the reason I'm still here today. Remember those bracelets? I know you've taken yours off a lot, but you should know that after eleven years, I haven't ever taken mine off. Scott, I am so in love with you, and I don't know what else to say.

Love, Mitch.

A tear escapes and falls onto Mitch's hand.

"Don't cry, baby." I hear Mitch say.

"Hey, you." I say, smiling.

"Scott, I am so in love with you."

I kiss his lips.

"And I am more in love with you than that."