Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Show

Scott's POV

Our next song is I Need Your Love, and I'm super excited. Avi let me sing his part at the end, and hopefully the crowd will love it. I hear Mitch's gorgeous voice start to sing.

"I need your love. I need your time. When everything's wrong, you make it right. I feel so high. I come alive. I need to be free with you tonight. I need your love."

Everyone starts singing, and it's now my turn.

"I take a deep breath every time I pass your door. I know you're there, but I can't see you anymore. And that's the reason you're in the dark. I've been a stranger ever since we fell apart, and I feel so helpless here. Watch my eyes are filled with fear. Tell me, do you feel the same? Hold me in your arms again."

We continue singing until the last part. We practiced it so Mitch would end up right next to me, but he expected Avi to sing. I saw his eyes widen as I started to sing this part, turn towards him, and take his hand.

"I need your love. I need your time. When everything's wrong, you make it right. I feel so high. I come alive. I need to be free with you tonight."

I get down on one knee, take out a small box, and open it to a ring.

"I need your love."

Tears start to swell in his eyes.

"Yes."

I put the ring on his finger, and we kiss. At first, it's quiet, but then the crowd goes wild.

But I don't care.

All I can think about is Mitch.