Chapter Nineteen: A Drunken Mistake

Mitch's POV

Scott has been out at the bar all night, and it's now ten in the morning. I hear the front door open, and I see Scott walk in.

"It's about time you get home." I say walking up to him, about to hug him, but he pushes me away.

"I need to tell you something."

We walk over to the couch and sit down.

"Last night, I got really drunk, Mitchie. Alex was there, and... I slept with him."

Scott's POV

He stands up and tears start streaming down his face.

"I can't believe you would do that!"

"Mitch, I was unbelievably drunk."

"You love him, don't you?"

"What? No! Mitch, I want you, not him."

"But it appears you need him."

"What?"

"When you're drunk, you do the things you would never do sober, but you would want to do... what you need to do."

"That makes no sense."

"You know what makes no sense? We've been best friends for over ten years. You've been my boyfriend for three months, but you still cheat and hurt me."

"Mitchie. Please. I want you, not him. Believe me."

He sits down next to me.

"I'm gonna tell you something. A fisherman can sit on a dock all day and try to catch one fish, one he really likes, but it's not the one for him, but he'll still sit out there day after day and try to catch it. So one day, he actually caught it. He took it up to his house and cooked it, and he started to feel bad. He soon became very ill. He was close to death. He said before he dies, he's gonna go fishing one last time. This fish that swam up to him every day, which he let go, came up on this day, and he said 'what the hell.' He took it to his house and cooked it. When he ate it, he felt better than we had ever before."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

He stands up.

"Just because you want one things doesn't mean that's what you need."

And with that, he walks out the door.