New old friends

~~~~short time skip~~~~

~~~Axel's pov~~~

  I was laying on my couch taking a nap until I heard the doorbell ring.  Hm? Who could that be? I ask myself, I yawn and stretch. The doorbell rings again. "I'M COMIN I'M COMIN!" I say.  I head for the door, I look through the peephole and see...Aku? Someone was with him but I couldn't see them clearly because they were standing next to the door.  I shrug and open the door. "Hey Aku what's-" I stop mid-sentence. The person next to Aku was...Donovan!? I take a step back. "Heya Axel, you remember Donovan," Aku says. I look at them, shocked. "U-Um...am I still asleep?" I accidentally ask allowed. "No I promise you're awake," Donovan says.   I just stare, hadn't Donovan just attacked the school? And now all of a sudden he's..."Donovan you- I mean why- I mean-" I couldn't find the words.  "..." Donovan went quiet.  "Welp I'm gonna go home, see ya!" Aku says, he flares his wings and then flies off.  I look back at Donovan.  "Um...Do you wanna come inside?" I ask, he nods and walks in. I close the door and walk into the living room.  I sit down and pat the seat next to me for Donovan. He comes and sits down.  "You have a lot of questions...I can tell..." Donovan says.  "Yeah..." I say. 

~~~~time skip~~~~

   I look at Donovan in surprise, I barely believed what  I was hearing. experiments? Torture? When he was done explaining everything, I went silent. Those people that attacked me...were the same people who had taken Donovan from us all those years ago.   I could tell that Donovan had changed...a lot, but he was still my friend. "So...is that all you came here for?" I ask. Jesus, I accidentally made that sound rude.   "Not really..." Donovan said. "I also wanted to know if you knew where my family went..." He says. Of course, he wanted to see his family, Jesus I'm an idiot. "When I saw the skeleton quadruplets...it was because they had moved into my old house..." Donovan explains.   "Do you...know where  they are now?" He asks me. "Well...not really," I say.  "Your dad joined the navy or something, so they move a lot now..." I explain. I could see the sadness in his eyes when he looked back at me.   I felt terrible, all these years I've just continued on with my life while one of my old friends was being abused and experimented on.  We all thought he was dead...all of us but his big sister, what was her name?  "What about Amber?" He asks me, oh ya that was her name, Amber. "What about her?" I ask. "She was in her last year of high school when I disappeared...so she should be in college or something right?" He asks, I nod.   

   I tried to think of every time I went to Donovan's house.  Then I remembered. "Didn't she have some kind of dream college she really wanted to go to?" I question.  He looks at me surprised and nods.  We both go silent try to think, I couldn't remember where it was...Donovan didn't seem to remember either.  I didn't like how sad he looked, I tried to lighten up the mood. "You know, we never stopped looking for you," I tell him, he looks at me again.  It was true, me, Quissen, and Ace helped Donovan's family look for him. Eventually, everybody told us to quit, and that Donovan was dead. How had the cops not recognized Donovan when they found him? He doesn't look that different except a few scars here and there.  Maybe they did recognize him, but because he attacked the school they didn't do anything. Or did they? I hear the doorbell ring. "Stay here, I'll get it," I say to Donovan. I stand up and walk to the door, I look through the peephole and see a few cops outside. Great, they were looking for Donovan.  They ring the doorbell again. Should I let them in? What if they take Donovan away? Would they even believe us if we tried to explain? Well, they were the police so I probably have to or my door's gonna get knocked down.