VANI

Year: 2342

Month: September

Date: 14

Destination: Northern part of Eastern Earth – Earth

Her plan had failed. It had failed. Horribly so. And all she wanted to do right now was sleep.

Vani, Phoenix, Clive and Maverick were in a car breaking a dozen road laws as they cruised along to the airport.

Maverick. That darn guy was not part of the plan. But they had no other choice but to take him. He had seen her with the two of them. He knew Vani's loyalties weren't with the Powers.

Phoenix was driving and she was sitting next to him in the passengers seat. She dared a glance back.

It was a painful sight.

Maverick was hand cuffed and his mouth was gagged. He had woken up around an hour ago and made it quite clear that he didn't appreciate being kidnapped. So they resorted to doing this.

And next to Maverick was a rather pissed off Clive.

"WHY AM I SITTING NEXT TO A GUY WANTING TO KILL ME!!", he yelled.

Phoenix winced beside her.

"OKAY! Ground rules guys. Clive: NO YELLING. I swear your gonna get us all deaf. Phoenix: OPEN YOUR MOUTH and explain stuff to your very clueless friend. And um, Maverick, if I remove your cuffs and gag could you be a sweetie and be civilised towards Clive. Thanks."

"OH NO! YOU ARE NOT LEAVING A MURDERER FREE."

"WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT THE YELLING!", Vani yelled.

Phoenix removed his hand from the steering wheel and lifted it in the air.

"Not to be a butthead, but um, you're yelling more than him right now."

She glared at him and turned back to look at Maverick.

His expression said, bite me.

Vani sighed. This was going to be tough. She twisted in her seat and pulled of the gag and removed his cuffs.

One second. It took one second for him to be free and launch his hands at Clive's neck.

Clive yelled, "AAAAAHHHHHHH"

As soon as Maverick's hands wrapped around his neck he let out a howl and sprawled away from Clive.

The two of them were breathing hard. Vani was so confused.

Then she saw the pencil in Clive's hand.

He had stabbed that in Maverick's pelvis. She grinned.

"Damn Clive. I underestimated you. You are pretty cool."

He grinned back and the two fist bumped.

Phoenix was grinning too. "See. I told you my best friend isn't a clutz. I chose my company very carefully."

The three of them started laughing.

Those two weren't as bad as she had thought.

A sharp cough from the back brought the three of them back to reality.

"Ok Introductions."

"Maverick, meet Phoenix and Clive."

The two of them waved at him sheepishly.

Maverick's eyes narrowed. "Vani. What on earth is going on? Why are you with these guys? And how do you know them?"

"Oh I just met Clive today. Phoenix I've known longer."