ISHA

Year: 2342

Month: September

Date: 18

Destination: Zeroa

Never had Isha imagined her first sleep over ever would be with eight humans. But, life is a surprise and all that.

Ayaan had taken over the craft and ridden them outside the Zeroan boundary. Unlike Earth, they didn't even have two continents. It was just one big land marked by boundaries.

The Zeroan Government couldn't track them once outside the boundary. But they would start growing suspicious once they'd realise that Lil's craft had always been on the docking yard. And once she woke up, they would realise that it was all a ploy.

She shook it out of her head. Another time for this to deal with.

She looked down in her palm at what Vani had given her. It was a transmission gadget. From covey.

She opened her laptop and sure enough, there was a message from him.

I HOPE YOU LIKE MY GIFT.

She smiled.

WHAT DO I DO WITH IT?

I WILL TAKE THAT AS A THANK YOU. YOU'RE WELCOME.

NO SERIOUSLY. WHAT DO I DO WITH IT

BE UP IN ABOUT AN HOUR.

Huh? Why? She typed just that.

WHY?

BECAUSE I WANT TO HEAR YOUR VOICE.

She turned red. He was gonna call? How? They were in two different universes.

AND BEFORE YOU ASK ME HOW JUST KNOW THAT I SPENT A FORTUNE ASKING MY FRIEND BUILD THAT. IT MIGHT ONLY WORK ONCE OR TWICE BEFORE SELF DESTRUCTING. AND IT MIGHT HAVE HORRIBLE CONNECTION GIVEN WE'RE IN UM DIFFERENT UNIVERSES. BUT BEGGARS CAN'T BE LOSERS.

Isha wanted to do a happy dance. She didn't know what to say.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY.

I KNOW. SEE YOU.

She went cold. See you. They'll never see each other. How could she be so gullible? This thing they were doing. It was useless. She shut her laptop without responding.

She walked out of the room which Vani had offered she could take.

"Where will you sleep?"

"On the floor." Vani said.

Isha stared at her in horror. "I can't let you do that."

Phoenix had walked in then, "Don't worry. She can sleep anywhere."

Vani nodded and walked out.

She went outside to see all of them sitting in a circle playing with a pack of cards. Ayaan was sitting with them. She smiled and sat down when he cleared a place for her.

"What are you guys doing? It's getting late. Shouldn't we all sleep?" she asked. Tritian was right above them. It was midnight.

The boy called Roshan waved his hand. "We're teaching you're brother how to play UNO. Come join us."

Isha brightened. "I know how to play this game!" She blurted out.

Nine pairs of eyes snapped up to hers. Only Ayaan shook his head and sighed. "Of course you do. I'm not even surprised."

"How though?" the other girl, Naina asked. The lamp they had set was right in front of her so it cast a glow on her face.

Isha opened her mouth, "I've, um, I've been following Earthean culture my whole life. I know everything about your race." She finished.

"I thought you guys hated us." Sameer asked.

She laughed. "No I don't hate you all. In fact, I wish I was one of you."

They continued staring at her. To end this, she picked up the deck of cards and started distributing them.

They got the hint and started playing.

It was, it was fun.

After about an hour of playing Vani threw her hands in the air. "That's it. I've lost every single time. This game is rigged. I'm gonna go sleep."

She stood and walked away. As she left, Naina got up too.

"Excuse me." And she left.

Neha turned to look at Isha. "So dear best friend. Do you like my friends?"

Isha smiled. "Yea we're still not best friends. And yes. Yes I do like them."

Neha stood up too, triumphant. "I knew you would. Ciao folks."

And then suddenly, her pocket vibrated. She froze. She totally forgot.

She got up and ran to her room.

She removed the ear piece and stuck it in her ear.

Click.

"Hello? Isha?", came a soft male voice.