Chapter 14: Stay

Lalisa Manoban

First quarter of the game, our university led the game, at the second quarter, our players seem to be distracted since Bambam got hurt because one of their opponents accidentally pushed him. So, it was a lost for us. The third and last quarter, Jungkook set the game on fire by taking over the court with his three-point shoots. Eunwoo got his best shots, too. Making the crowd on our side cheer louder and louder as time passed by.

End game, our university won. But it was a bittersweet one since one of our team players got hurt.

Yes, that's my cousin.

Right now, we're outside of the operating room of an hospital nearby the university, waiting for the orthopedic surgeon for the result. Sadly, Bambam needed an operation because of a bone fracture near his ankle.

We were all silent and worried expressions are etched on each of our faces as we patiently wait.

Yeri is on my right, still crying for what happened to my cousin. Actually, when Bambam was hurt, she's the first one to run to the court.

Bambam is so lucky to have this girl.

Then, sat on my left is Jimin who's holding my other hand tightly. She was also crying awhile ago when she learned about Bambam's condition. And Eunwoo told me, she always react like that whenever they get hurt.

That just means, this accident isn't the first to happen.

While me, I'm worried sick even when I don't look like it. I didn't cry because I don't cry easily as I always try to control it. The reason for this is that, I might not stop crying if I let my emotions rule over me.

I once cried over the death of my pet dog for hours.

After half an hour, we met the doctor and told us Bambam's operation is successful and will be transferred to a private room.

He's alright. When the doctor said that, I felt all the weight leaving off my chest.

Then, when we went to see him, we saw him soundly sleeping and Yeri couldn't help but ran to his bed side.

She held his hand gently.

For another minutes, we wait for Bambam to wake up.

He woke up as soon as Jaehyun and Rosé came in with our food.

The after-party is cancelled. No one will be in the mood for that after what happened.

The first thing Bambam said when he opened his mouth to speak, "Am I in heaven? Why am I seeing an angel?"

And that made Yeri burst out crying.

We chuckled because of it.

Jimin whispered to me, "He's too cheesy, don't you think?"

I nodded my head to agree with her.

"You seem to be absolutely and wonderfully abnormal, bro. Maybe, we can continue the after-party." Yugyeom joked when Yeri is calmed down by Bambam.

Bambam turned his attention to Yugyeom, "You cancelled it?"

"As if we have a choice." Mingyu answered.

"Ayeeee~ You can't party without me, huh?" Bambam boastfully said. He's teasing.

Geez, if we just forget about his bone surgery, he's totally fine and... abnormal as usual.

"Oh, no. It wasn't because of you. We actually lost and Jungkook didn't like it a bit. So, we cancelled." Jaehyun added to the teasing.

Bambam's eyes widened, "We lost?!"