Ch.7

(Y/N) Pov:

Me and Baxter had spent the next two days just talking and getting to know each other more.

I guess we're friends now?

I think?

I mean, he's not yelling at me or pushing me away.

He can get a little harsh and does try to avoid some topics, but I can't blame him.

He's just not used to getting along with someone.

We had just walked out of his lab and made our way around to the front of the hotel.

As we were about to head up the steps to the front door, we felt the ground beneath us shift.

Looking down, we realized we had stepped on a trap.

The ground beneath us gave away as we fell into a large hole.

Baxter screamed as I grabbed his arm, struggling to fly back up before we could fall in completely.

Down below, there were a bunch of Pit Vipers, hissing as the fake ground fell on them.

I managed to fly us both back up, setting Baxter down just a meter away from the hole.

"That was way too close" I say, out of breath.

Baxter walked over to the edge and peered in.

"Dammit! Who would be such an idiot and dig a FUCKING hole where other demons walk? And WHY is it full of SNAKES!?" He asked, angrily.

I walked over so I was standing beside him, peering into the hole as well.

"Good thing I managed to grab you before we could both fall in completely. Dang, whoever dug this hole made it very deep" I say.

I estimated that the hole was maybe 20-25 meters deep.

Baxter sigh in frustration.

"Come on, we need to inform Charlie about this" he said.

I nodded and followed him into the hotel, walking around the hole.

Husk's Pov:

Me and Niffty had been watching from the upper floor balcony.

"Shit, how did they manage to dig a hole that deep and fill it with snakes without us knowing?" I asked, frustrated.

Niffty shrugged.

"I don't know. We should keep a closer eye on them" she suggested.

I nodded in agreement.

"Yah, you keep an eye on them, while I keep my two eyes on them" I said, without thinking.

Niffty giggled at what I said.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing~" she said in a singsong voice, flashing that cute smile she always does.

(Y/N) Pov:

After informing Charlie about the hole, she and Alastor had gone to check it out.

Me and Baxter walked down the hall, making our way to the living room.

As we walked in, we accidentally stepped on a trip wire.

Looking down at it confused, we both looked up and saw that above us, there was were knives being suspended up on the ceiling by multiple pieces of string.