Ch.9

(Y/N) Pov:

I slowly started to wake up.

Sitting up, I yawned before looking around the room.

I turned to my left, expecting to see Venus on the bedside table where I always keep her before going to bed.

The bedside table was empty.

Confused, I looked around some more and saw that this wasn't my bedroom.

I wasn’t even in my hotel room at all.

Panic started to kick in and I looked around, finally realizing that I was in Baxter’s room.

I looked down next to me and saw Baxter was still asleep, huddling close to my body.

I sigh in relief, but that relief was short lived and replaced with confusion.

I then spotted Baxter’s clothes laying on the floor, his hat and glasses nowhere to be seen.

I then realized what had happened last night……

TIME SKIP

Baxter had woken an hour later, realized what had happened, and we both agreed not to tell anyone about it.

We were both currently sitting at the dining room table, awkwardly eating our breakfast as everyone else was chatting away about their day yesterday. 

Charlie stood up and clinked her glass with her spoon, grabbing everyone’s attention.

She cleared her throat.

“It has come to my attention that someone has been putting up traps around the hotel yesterday. Baxter and (Y/N) had come to me, telling me that they almost fell into a deep hole full of Love Vipers. We had to close the hotel and keep all the guests in their rooms for the rest of the day while Animal Control and Construction demons took care of the problem” explained Charlie.

She did not look happy.

“They have also told me that they were almost killed when all the knives from the kitchen fell from the ceiling. Knives that Niffty told me went missing around the same time Angel, Mimzy, and Crymini had blocked off the living room from the rest of us yesterday morning” continued Charlie.

She looked around the room as if looking for our reactions.

Nobody said a thing.

Nobody met her gaze as they all looked around awkwardly, too nervous to even speak or look at her.

Reminds me of a teacher asking the class a question and saying they were gonna call out a random student's name to answer the question and the entire class tries to avoid eye contact so they don’t get called on.

Charlie breathed in and continued.

“Does anyone know who dug that hole and brought illegal Love Vipers into the city and also set up the other traps around the hotel?” she asked.

Nobody said a thing.

She breathed in again.

She was pissed.

“If anyone knows anything about yesterday, please come forward. We cannot have another incident like this again and risk closing the hotel and keeping all our guests in their rooms while we try to solve the problem” she said, angrily.

Husk cleared his throat, standing up from his chair.

“All I would like to say is….” he started, clasping his hands together, eyes closed as he stood there.