Chapter 18

~Caitlyn's POV~

"Dad?" I asked scared. I felt like crying,this was not who I wanted to see. Not now. Normal girls would run to their dad and hug him and cry over their boyfriends. Not me. I don't even know if I can classify him as my dad. Let alone a person.

"Hello, Caitlyn." he gave a twisted grin.

"Why are you here?" I spoke quickly, about to burst into tears.

"Oh Caitlyn. Silly, silly Caitlyn. You didn't think we'd just leave all that quickly without a goodbye did you?" he smiled wider and snapped his fingers, two men advanced toward me and pulled a cloth over my face. I fell into darkness and the last thing I heard was my dad's evil laugh.

--waking up--

I awoke with a fear knowing that I wasn't home. I started to cry not knowing if I would be able to go home.

I should have listened to Niall.

I searched around for an exit and realized that my father had been stupid enough to place me in a room with a window.

I looked around and there was a door. The room was painted red with a queen sized bed and there was another door-open this time- that led to a bathroom. I walked over to the bathroom and gasped when I looked in the mirror.

I was covered in cuts and bruises. I had a large black eye and a big bruise on my jaw; that was when the pain started to kick in.

I heard a knock at the door and walked over to it. I cautiously opened it and there stood my father.

"Hello." he smiled that wicked grin again.

I just replied with a glare and tried to shut the door. He stopped it and spoke again.

"Now, is that any way to treat your father?" he scolded.

"You. Are NOT. My father." I spat.

"That is no way to talk to your father. Ed! Get in here!" he shouted.

A man I presumed to be Ed came in. He was tall and would be quite the looker if he wasn't working for my dad.

He had blue eyes and blonde hair. Built fairly well, and-

my thoughts were interrupted when, "Yeah boss?" he replied coldly.

"She disrespected me. You know what to do." he said hastily and simply walked away as Ed nodded.

He shut the door and locked it. I started trembling. I was scared out of my wits and all of a sudden he said,"I won't hurt you. Really. I hate it here. He is blackmailing me to do this stuff."

"What?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah. My family is poor so I'm trying to find a job and he said he'd pay me real good so I figured it'd help my family so why not? Well he never told me I'd be beating people." he said ashamed.

"I'm sorry. At least he's not your dad."

"He's your dad?" he asked curiously.

"I don't think I can classify him as that but yes my biological dad."

"I'm sorry.." he paused,"I could help you get out, if you want.."

"Really? Please I'll help just get me far away from him." I begged.

"Yeah. We leave at midnight."

---------------------

It's midnight and I'm waiting for Ed. All of a sudden I hear the door open and Ed's there. He looks worried.

"We have to hurry and leave. Right now." he said quickly and almost inaudible.

"Okay." I was in no place to question I'd just ask later.

We snuck out of my room and down the hallway.

"So why do we have to hurry exactly?" I whispered curiously.

"Your dad will be back in a few, so this is the opportunity to get out and away from him." he said quickly.

I nodded. We continued down the hallway and down the stairs to the front door. We quietly left and sprinted down the gravel driveway to an open field.

"Where exactly are we going?" I questioned.

"We have to cut through this field and turn left down the road at the end of it. That will take us to the city and we can take you home from there." he explained.

"Okay. Sounds good to me...wait..how do you know where I live?"

"The boss made us study you day and night for weeks. He never actually went to Paris with your mom. They have been planning this for about 6 months."

My stomach churned. 6 months. That's just before they left to 'Paris'.

"Oh." was all I could manage to get out.

A few minutes later Ed and I turned left onto the road and we were in the city in about 5 minutes.

We were walking for about another 10 minutes and made it to my doorstep.

"Thank you so much for helping me get out of that place. Really, thank you." I gave him a genuine smile.

"It was no problem I needed to get out too." he chuckled and leaned in for a hug.

Not even a second later the front door of my house swung open.

"What the fuck is this?" An angry Niall said spewing with hatred.

Crap. This looks bad.

"Look he was helping me Niall. You don't understand-" he interrupted me.

"The hell I don't, enlighten me please." he yelled, the veins popping out of his forehead.

"He was helping me get away from my dad who in case you haven't noticed, KIDNAPPED ME YOU JERK BUT YOU DIDNT EVEN NOTICE BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO BE PRETTY BUSY WITH A LOT OF GIRLS LATELY." I bit back.

"Y-you're dad kidnapped y-you?" he stuttered, his face getting pale.

"Yeah. He did. But, like I said you were too busy to notice." I looked at the ground.

"That's not true. I woke up and everyone was gone out of the house so I had assumed you'd just went to Lauren's or something. You've been gone only a day."

"You normally call me so you probably were 'busy'."

"I'm just gonna erm.. leave you two alone." Ed said awkwardly.

Niall and I walked inside and I went upstairs making sure to slam my door on my way in to my room.

I few minutes later I heard a loud crashing sound and then a lot of profanities being yelled.

I changed into my pajamas- shorts and one of Niall's tees- and headed downstairs. Niall was sitting there on the ground, beer in hand, with red eyes. Glass plates were shattered on the floor.

I sighed, then started to pick up the glass.

"Don't, you'll cut yourself." Niall said, his voice hoarse.

"I'll be fine go upstairs and lay down." I muttered.

I continued to pick up the glass when Niall came up from behind and took it out of my hands. He stood up with me and he just hugged me.

It took a second but I hugged back and he just sat there hugging me, which eventually turned into him crying on my shoulder and muttering sorry over and over.

I took his beer out of his hand and placed it on the counter, then led him upstairs and put him in bed.

I crawled in next to him and laid my head on his chest.

Why is life so screwed up?

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hey hope you liked this chapter! sorry it took me so long, high school and soccer and wow it's just really busy. love you all!

_weyhey_niall_🎉❤️