Chapter 20

After Lauren and Ed showed up, Lauren got a call from Harry.

"Excuse me I have to answer this." she said smiling.

I sat with Ed on the couch and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Why does he have to cheat on me?" I silently cried.

"Maybe he wants attention, maybe it's because when he really is away on work, all he can do is think of you. He just doesn't know what to do about it and ends up making a bad decision. Or he's just a soulless asshole who doesn't have any sympathy for anyone. Either one could be possible." He smiled goofily.

I giggled and that's the last I heard before I fell asleep.

---middle of the night---

I got up a little after two and couldn't sleep.

I changed into some jeans and a sweater, and I put on a jacket and my vans, then I decided I'd take a walk into town.

On my way to town I noticed it was starting to snow, I smiled and continued on my way. Though I hated the cold, I'd always loved the snow that came with it.

I went into a diner and ordered a hot cocoa. As I took my first sip, I leaned back into the seat.

A few moments later, a man and a woman laughing came in together, hand in hand, looking all "lovey dovey" while I was here in my sad manor.

I watched how he looked at her, like she was perfect, everything she did he carefully observed.

He smiled to himself and looked down, twiddling with his fingers.

I felt the salty tears peek out from my eyes and I looked down at my lap. I can't handle not having him. I love him too much, it's unfortunate really. I'm sure he doesn't love me. I saw how he looked at her. I don't even know her and I hate her.

I know it's not her fault. But I still hate her. I loved him first.

I finished my hot cocoa and went on my way. As I was walking, I heard shouting.

I turned the corner of the ally where the shouting came from and you wouldn't believe who I saw.

The same dyed blonde hair with brown roots showing.

He was over some guy, beating the crap out of him, I tried to get closer and hear what he was saying.

"Don't you ever talk about her like that! She is 100 times the person you are. If I EVER hear you say that again I will fucking kill you." He screamed and proceeded to punch the man he was wavering in and out of consciousness.

I started getting worried and walked over to them. I gently touched Niall's shoulder, "Niall?" I said softly.

He froze, slowly turned around, and his eyes got as big as balloons. Next thing I knew, I was being crushed to death by his arms.

"I've missed you so much." he whispered.

"It's been like three hours." I giggled.

"I don't care I missed you." he buried his head into my neck.

"Niall why were you beating him up?" I asked cautiously.

"He started talking trash about you." he seethed.

"Who is he?"

"A guy I know. Just trust me when I say he's a complete ass."

"Oh I know what a complete ass is alright." I say sarcastically.

He glares,"That was mean." he pouted.

"I speak the truth." I held up my hand as if to swear by it.

He poked me in my side and I shrieked and fell on the ground laughing while he stood there laughing over me.

He helped me up and we just sat there looking at each other. It felt like how it used to be before everything happened.

All of a sudden we were kissing. A violent storm of (yes) birds erupted in my stomach.

I felt so happy, but then I remembered today's events, I pulled away.

He frowned,"Why'd you stop?"

"Niall, I can't just forget about what happened. I love you, I do. But I can't keep doing this, I need someone who I can trust, that won't lie to me." I say with a pained expression.

"Caitlyn, please. I promise that you can trust me, I swear they didn't matter to me. All I need is one more chance, to prove to you that I can be faithful." he begged.

I sighed. Then thought about it a little more.

"Okay." I said.

"Okay..." he trailed.

"Okay, I'll give you another chance. But, this is the last chance you get." I said.

I guess that was all he needed because as soon as the words tumbled out of my mouth, I was attacked in a big bear hug.

"Thank you so much. You won't regret it. I love you so much." he blabbed on and on. I cut him off with a kiss and laughed.

"Okay, I get it Ni."

He smiled, "You said Ni." he had a goofy look on his face and then he picked me up and gave me a piggy back home.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hey sorry i take so long to update. hope you liked this one!! love you all,

_weyhey_niall_ 👹👊🍗
(P.S. Happy Thanksgiving! Have fun on break)😛😛