Chapter 24

*Caitlyn's POV*

The next day I walked to the coffee shop with Lauren and we told the man who ran it, that Harry had sent us.

"Oh, yes. Harry told me you'd be coming." He grabbed two aprons off a chair sitting next to the counter. "Here are your uniforms, since it's your first day, I'll have someone tell you the rules and whatnot. SARAH!" He shouted and a girl with black hair and porcelain skin came out.

"Yes, Frank?" She said bored.

"Tell these two the rules. This is Lauren, and this, is Caitlyn." He said pointing to us.

"Sure, come with me girls." she smiled.

We went behind the counter into a room labelled "break room".

"This is where you'll be on your breaks. Just make sure you clean your mess or Frank will have your head on a stick. Okay? Good." She said without giving us a chance to answer.

"Alright, I assume you already know how to do everything else, Frank said you worked at a coffee shop back home so unless you forgot in a matter of four days, we're all good here." We nodded.

"Okay there's a few rules you need to know. 1, never, ever, talk back to Frank. Seriously, he will not have it. 2, there are gangs here, it's New York, so if some dude is threatening you, the first thing you do is tell Frank. He knows how to deal with the bastards. 3, where black clothes and shoes under your aprons, Frank thinks it looks more professional. Alright? Great. Any questions?"

We shook our heads "no" and started to leave to Frank.

"Oh wait!" Sarah called after a second.

"Yeah?" Lauren asked.

"There's something else you should know. If you see this man," she paused grabbing a paper from under the counter of a man. He had light brown hair, with icy blue eyes and a smirk dripping with monstrosity. "Don't talk to him. He's no good, he will not let you out of his sight once he marks you as his. When he does that, kiss your life goodbye because he's watching 24/7." She had a serious look on her face.

"What's his name?" I asked curiously.

"Zac Walters." Hm. Well definitely not getting involved with him.

"Okay, thanks for the heads up." Lauren said, I nodded in agreement.

"Please, don't get involved, he isn't a good person. He rapes, kills; you name it, he does it." I gulped.

I didn't like the sound of this.

I thought of Niall. How's he doing? Is he already moved on?

Stop. Don't think about him. He's the reason you came here.

----------------------

Lauren and I talked to Frank and then we headed to a store close by that sold work clothes.

We bought some black pants and shirts. Then got a few pairs of black shoes.

We headed back to our apartment and Lauren started to make some dinner.

"Whatcha making?" I asked hopping on the counter across from her.

"Just some Spanish rice." she said focusing on the pan.

"Yum. I'm gonna run down to the lobby to get something to drink, want anything?" I shouted opening the door.

"Bring me a diet ginger ale."

"Got it. Anything else? Snacks.."

"Hm. Flaming hot Cheetos." She looked back at me and smirked.