chapter 22

Caitlyn's POV

"You're my what?" I said feeling nauseous.

"I'm your dad, your biological father. I have the proof right here," he paused and took out a few papers,"these are from a lab that did a few tests for me to see who my daughter was..well is."

"Uhm, I think you've got the wrong person.." I laughed awkwardly, thinking of the asshole that is my father who left me to rot.

"No, you're Caitlyn right?"

"..Yes."

"Then you are most definitely my daughter."

"I still don't understand, my mother and father left me to rot and they abused me. How do I know this isn't another plan to kidnap me?"

"Let me explain. You see, when your mother and I met, we were both 18. Going to the same college, we fortunately had a few classes together and we ended up dating. One night at a party we had sex and bam you came along nine months later. We wanted so badly to keep you," he paused his eyes regretful," but we just weren't ready for a child. So we sent you to live with your mother's cousins, they said they'd take care of you while we were away at college and we could visit and come to eventually take you back home with us."

"Okay but why was I living with the other "parents" or "cousins" or whatever you want to call them?" I interrupted.

"I was getting there; as I was saying, we came back after college, and we wanted to take you home. But they wouldn't let us take you. They told us that they were the rightful parents because they raised you for the first few years. We tried to get the police involved but as soon as we got to them and brought them back, her cousins took you and we couldn't find you. We never found them because they changed their names but oddly enough kept yours."

"Why?"

"No one knows, but I just wanted to come and meet you, sorry to wake you so early. I'll be on my way now." he turned to leave.

"Wait! Come in, I have questions."

He turned around and smiled, "Okay but I have a meeting soon so you gotta be quick!"

I stepped aside and let him in.

I led him into the kitchen and got him some coffee and a muffin.

"Ooh! Blueberry my favorite!" He said, delight filling his friendly hazel eyes.

"That's your favorite? I personally prefer lemon poppyseed myself." I said matter-of-factly.

"Ah, just like your mother." he said dazing out into space smiling nostalgically.

"Speaking of, where is she?"

"She is at home, coincidentally she's probably eating a lemon poppyseed muffin as I just picked her up some yesterday." he chuckled.

"What's her name.. what's your name?"

"My name is Andrew and your mother's name is Ann."

"What does she look like?" I asked curiously.

"Well she's got-"

"Who are you?" Niall interrupted sleepily.

"Niall, this is my real dad, Andrew." I said gleefully.

"Woah, wait a second. How do you know he's telling the truth?" He said suddenly awake.

"Relax, Ni. He has the lab tests to prove that he's my real father."

"Okay.." He said guarded.

"So anyways, what does she look like?"

"She has light brown hair, with grey eyes. She's tall, fair skinned, and - I actually have a picture, would you like to see?"

"Is the pope catholic?" I said rhetorically.

"Ha ha clever." he took his phone out and showed me a picture of a woman who - just like my father - was strangely familiar to me.

I could see the resemblance between us.

"Well I really should be going, but it was great to finally meet you." he said, voice full of sincerity.

"You too..dad." I smiled.

After he left I saw a note in the lab documents he left for me to look over and it had his phone number on it.

I smiled to myself. I finally had a chance at having a somewhat normal family.

"Cait, I'm going to take a shower." Niall said as he kissed my cheek and jogged up the stairs.

"Okay, try not to use all the hot water!" I shouted, since he probably couldn't hear me with just my normal voice.

I heard a faint "okay" and I went to the stove to start making some pancakes and bacon.

I looked at the clock; it read 2:45. Wow, was Andr-Dad really here that long?

Eh, I want pancakes.

"Hmm..plain or chocolate chip..." I pondered.

I heard shuffling and then a voice spoke, "I myself prefer plain, but it's up to you."

The lights went out and then, "BOO!"

I punched whoever was there.

"Owww dude!" A pained Lauren whined.

"LAUREN WHAT THE HELL!" I screamed, still catching my breath.

"HAHAH THAT WAS AWESOME!" She fell over laughing, "I videotaped the whole thing!"

"You butthole. Anyways, why are you here?"

"Harry has work and I'm bored so yeah... Now I'm here." She said while pilfering through my pantry.

"Want pancakes?"

"YES. MAKE ME THEM NOW SLAVE." She pretended to whip me while I was stirring the batter.

"You have serious issues."

"I know." she gave a goofy smirk and dipped her finger in the batter digging for chocolate chips.

"Hey! You can wait until they're done!" I said and slapped her hand away.

She went to the living room to watch tv, laughing all the way to the couch.

"I've gotta go help Harry with something, I'll call you later around 5. Be ready at 6:30, because I reserved us a dinner to celebrate something.ake sure you dress fancy." Niall said as he came down the stairs. He gave me a quick kiss on the forehead while side-hugging me and with that, he was off.

"What are you gonna wear?" Lauren poked her head out the living room entry way.

"I have no idea." I said pondering.

"I'm helping you get ready dude." She smirked as she dragged me up the stairs.

"Oh no." I joked as I was forced into the bathroom.

"Shave everything.. and I mean everything! You never know what'll happen!" She joked.

"Oh my god Lauren."

"Mush! Mush!" She shut the door and said to be out in 20.

Boy I didn't know what was to become of the night ahead of me.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hope you enjoyed this chapter..

what do you think will happen on Niall and Caitlyn's date?

btw the contest is coming up within the next chapter so be ready.. :-)

love you all,

_weyhey_niall_😎💖