Level Up! Danger and Hope

Professor Ozpin watches the students on his Scroll at the Beacon Cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest when Glynda walks up behind him, holding her own tablet.

Glynda: The last pair has been formed, sir. Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren. Poor boy... I can't possibly imagine those two getting along. Still, he's probably better off than Miss Nikos. (the video changes to Pyrrha and Jaune's trek through the woods)

Ozpin: Mmmm..

Glynda: I don't care what his transcripts say. That Jaune fellow is not ready for this level of combat. (deactivates the tablet, walking back a little) I guess we'll find out soon enough. At their current pace, they should reach the temple within just a few minutes. (turning back to Ozpin) Speaking of which, what did you use as relics this year? (silence) Professor Ozpin?

Ozpin doesn't answer, watching his tablet with a contemplating interest as it shows the footage of adult Ruby Rose and her "partner" Weiss Schnee head in the direction of the ruins.

(Timeskip)

As Yang and Blake looked around, wondering where the scream came from, they heard a faint sound coming from above. They both look up to see adult Ruby falling right towards them. 

Ruby: Heads uuuuuuuup!

Before she could hit the ground, something fast jumped into and caught her, landing on the ground without a miss. Ruby opened her eyes to see an orange figure holding her in his arms.

Jet(smile): Dropping in, little Rose?

Ruby(happy): JET! (hugs him tightly as Jaune flies into a tree)

Blake: (looking at the two hugging each other) Did someone just save your sister from falling?

Yang: I...

Before she can continue, several crashing noises are heard in the forest ahead of them, and an Ursa comes out, claws swiping, just as a pink blast of energy hits it in the back and it crashes to the ground, depositing its rider.

Nora: YEEEE-HAAAAW! (rolls off of the creature's back, then gets up and groans, saddened) Awwww... It's broken. (she dashes onto its neck and observes the carcass as Ren comes up behind her)

Ren: (panting and leaning on the monster) Nora! Please... Don't ever do that again. (he looks up again and notices by the pink dotted outline of where his partner should be that Nora has run off again, and looks around frantically)

Nora: (now in the Temple, staring at a golden rook relic) Oooohh... (suddenly grabs it, an animation of stars and her hammer symbol playing in the pink background as she dances and sings with the chess piece) I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!

Ren: Nora!

Nora: (stops dancing with the rook on her head, then salutes, dropping the relic into her hand) Coming, Ren! (skips off to her friend)

Blake: Did that girl just ride in on an Ursa?

Yang: I...

She is interrupted once more as a screech is heard from their right, and Pyrrha Nikos comes onto the scene as a Death Stalker uproots entire trees in its chase after her. Pyrrha narrowly dodges its giant claws and keeps on running.

Pyrrha: Jaune!

Jaune: Pyrrha!

Ruby: (lets go of Jet and stands up) Whoa