여덟

"Yesterday was hell." Ten sighed. "Why?" Jimin asked. The two were walking down the school hallway the next day. "Wh...cause you idiot, the whole Taeyong thing! Dinner? Have you lost your mind?"

"Ohh, thaatt" Jimin nodded as if remembering. Ten sighed, "I just want to avoid him." He said, stopping in front of his locker.

"Yah, Ten," A voice said from behind Ten, causing him to turn around. His eyes widened when he saw it was Lucas. "What do you want?" Jimin snapped, eyes narrowing. Ten lightly put his hand in front his friend, silently telling him it's okay.

"Ah I was just wondering if maybe today you wanted to hang out? After school?" Lucas asked. He genuinely smiled.

He definitely wasn't like Taeyong.

"I...." Ten started. He thought for a moment.

Lucas really had been nice to him. They had a good time when they went to get ice cream, and Ten had nothing to do after school today. So he gave in. "Sure."

Lucas's smile lit up his pretty face.

Jimin looked shocked as if he didn't believe what was happening.

"Yo Lucas!" Taeyong called and ran over there, hooking his arm around his friend who stumbled a bit and laughed.

Ten's eyes stopped on Taeyong. All he could think about was last night, he could feel Taeyong's fingers under his mask on his lips.

"Whassuuppp" Lucas asked Taeyong, swinging his backpack more over his shoulder. "I..." Taeyong started, until he finally realized Ten and Jimin there, his eyes lingered on Ten for a second. He pictured being so close to him last night, and forgot what he had just been saying to Lucas.

"You?.." Lucas raised his eyebrows. Ten's face heated up, realizing Taeyong had forgotten what he was saying due to staring at him.

"Oh," Taeyong cleared his throat and looked away from Ten. "I...what the hell were we talking about?"

Lucas laughed. Jimin was glaring at them. Not Lucas so much, but definitely at the red haired boy.

"Nevermind, let's get away from these losers" Taeyong laughed and pulled Lucas away, who stole one more glance at Ten before rounding the corner.

Jimin just rolled his eyes and closed his locker. "Come on, let's get to class." He said and pulled Ten with him.

×××

"Why were you talking to him?" Taeyong asked Lucas as they entered their classroom. "I don't know." Lucas replied, sitting at a desk. He wouldn't tell Taeyong the truth, assuming Taeyong would just hate Lucas for wanting to hang out with Ten.

But actually, Taeyong didn't want Lucas around Ten becaude he thought maybe he liked him. Or maybe they liked each other.

And Taeyong didn't want Ten to have a boyfriend. It was starting to confuse Taeyong more than it already was. Not only did he bully and hate Ten, but he was straight.

Well, he never really knew. He'd never been with a guy before, so he just assumed he was straight. Maybe he really did like guys.

Or if not, maybe . . . he just liked the boy in the mask.

×××

After school, Jimin went home, and Ten was seated at his usual picnic table outside, waiting for Lucas who would see him as soon as he exited the school.