열여섯

The next morning, if it wasn't for his mom, Ten wouldn't be at school.

But this time, she didn't give in. She forced him to go. He didn't know if he could face anyone today, so on went the mask and hood pulled up. The Thai boy hung his head down low while entering his first class.

Where Taeyong was sitting at the desk.

Sighing, Ten slowly approached and sat down, eyes forward.

Taeyong stole a few glances toward Ten, immediately able to tell something was bothering him. "You didn't show up last night."

No shit.

"I was busy," Ten murmured, giving Taeyong a slight head nod. He still didn't bother to look at him.

He had so much guilt built up in him, he couldn't believe Jimin's dad had died while he was with Taeyong.

He didn't know how, but he assumed he most likely overdosed.

"Are you busy tonight?" Taeyong asked. He felt almost desperate to see Ten outside of school again.

Ten gave a slight nod.

Taeyong frowned, "The next night?"

"Taeyong, I don't have time for you." Ten snapped, finally eyeing the red-haired boy who looked taken aback.

"I thought something....was maybe happening between us." Taeyong whispered.

This actually shocked Ten. He was surprised Taeyong would even say that. Not that he was wrong, just . . . It wasn't like him to say that. He was getting softer.

"Maybe you did." Ten returned his gaze to the front of the class. He honestly didn't wanna hurt Taeyong, even when Taeyong had been such a dick.

It still didn't feel right. But he couldn't help it right now.

And Taeyong really did, feel hurt at that sentence. Had he been mistaken this whole time? But why would Ten kiss him back?

Did he feel forced in the moment?

"Ten," Taeyong started but the younger cut him off, "Class is starting."

Taeyong shut his mouth, disappointed. Then the teacher closed the door, and the class started as the boys silently sat side by side.

×××

After school, Ten was about to leave, but somebody grabbed his wrist. Ten was prepared to be face to face with an angry Taeyong, but he fell silent when he was face to face with Lucas.

He wanted to leave quickly, ashamed to have cried in front of him last night.

"How are you?" Lucas asked. He was so gentle, Ten couldn't handle just walking away.

"Um...okay" Ten said.

"Do you want to hang out?" Lucas asked and Ten paused. He wanted to say No, but going home alone to do nothing and feel shitty didn't exactly sound like the most fun thing in the world.

Before Ten could get a word out, Taeyong appraoched.

"Can we talk?" He asked Ten like Lucas wasn't even there. "Uh..." Ten started, not sure how to answer. Who was he supposed to pick?

"....Sure." Ten answered Taeyong.

Lucas raised his eyebrows. Not so much hurt, but more angry at Taeyong.

Maybe jealous.

And then Jungwoo approached. "Hey," he smiled at them all. Ten gave a small nod as Taeyong ignored him and dragged Ten to the side of the school.