아홉

The next few days went by fast, Ten had pretty much avoided Taeyong. Until Friday.

Ten had afterschool classes, with a few other students. He needed extra credit, he'd been so busy thinking about his bully he was developing a crush on to even be doing his homework.

The sun had set, it was dark out by the time Ten had packed up his things and left the classroom.

He walked out the front doors, seeing an empty school parking lot and overhead streetlamps on. As Ten started to walk home, he put earbuds in and played Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish.

He was walking down the sidewalk toward his house, hands in his jeans pockets, his hoodie sleeves rolled up from the warm summer night and his usual mask and glasses on.

Ten's eyes were glued to the ground, where he walked. He wanted to go home and sleep, trying not to think of the fact he had to go to sleep, wake up, go to school, get bullied, go home, do homework, go to sleep then do it all again.

He barely had time to eat.

Ten felt a pebble kick at the back of his shoe. He glanced down, seeing one more small rock fly up by his shoes. Unable to hear anything but his music, he glanced over his shoulder.

About 15 feet back, there were two silhouettes. Two men, dressed in black, walking.

It was hard for Ten to tell if they were just two people taking a night walk or if they actually had masks on and weapons.

He quickened the pace, walking faster, taking his earbuds out so he could hear if he was in danger.

After several seconds, Ten decided to glance over his shoulder again. The guys were closer. Ten's heartbeat picked up, he clutched his sweatshirt, his feet quickened.

Apparently, too much.

He tripped over nothing, only his own shoes and the boy tumbled on the ground, his glasses and backpack flying off, phone slipping right out of his pocket and the screen shattered as it hit the curb.

Fuck.

Ten quickly started to scramble to his feet, but two hands grabbed his arms and yanked him up.

Ten's eyes widened, looking at the two guys that had a hold of him. "Hey pretty boy," one said. "Got any money on you?" The other asked and started to feel down Ten's body.

Ten's heart raced, knowing he was in serious danger. "HEL--!" He started to scream but one of the guy's huge hands covered Ten's mouth. "You think that mask would teach you to keep your mouth shut, huh?" One of the guy's laughed as they dragged the teenage boy into an alley nearby in the dark neighbourhood.

"Mmm! Mm!" Ten tried to fight, to get away but the guys were too strong and had dragged him far back into the alley, by a few old dumpsters.

"No money?" The main, buffer guy asked and Ten shook his head as his eyes watered, his mouth was still covered.

He didn't have any money on him, but honestly he was wishing he did. What are these guys going to do to him?

"Well then maybe you could give us something else," the main guy smirked and pinned Ten against the wall with the help of the other man.

Ten was full on panicking, trying to get away. He'd been in situations like this, but with teenage boys. Not grown men.

He was terrified to death.

Yeah, the bullies beat him til he blacked out, but this was a complete different scenario.

"Something worth money." The main guy laughed and spit on the ground, then he stepped forward and started to feel Ten up.

Ten got tense, crying, he was squinting and could barely see, due to the fact his glasses were lying on the sidewalk around the corner.

Both of the guys held him against the brick wall as the main started undoing Ten's belt.

Ten screamed and tried kicking, but they had him held down.

But as soon as his belt was undone, in one blink, the main guy stumbled sideways, he was punched by somebody.

Ten squinted more, trying to see. There was a boy in a hood. The boy punched the guy again. He was shorter, but strong. He started to fight the second guy, it was obvious he knew what he was doing.

He'd fought before.
As soon as he was at it with the second guy, Ten fell to the ground, his body was shaking and he couldn't stop crying.

Eventually, both of the guys were too hurt to get back up, and the boy grabbed Ten by the waist, pulling him up. He hooked one arm around his own neck, and he quickly brought him out of the alley.

Those guys were hurt, yeah, but not unconscious.

When they were out on the sidewalk, Ten could see a blurry vision of the boy picking up Ten's stuff, and he carried it while helping Ten down the street.

Ten was still crying, shaken up from what just happened.

He really was about to be raped.

Eventually, when they were far enough from that alley, the boy slowed down. Ten got a grip, he stopped crying, and finally stood normally, finally and quickly doing his belt.

The boy with the hood handed Ten his glasses. As soon as they were on it's natural habitat, the Thai boy's face, he looked at who'd saved him.

Although he was everywhere, this time it really shocked Ten.

It was Taeyong.

How had he even found him? Did he live around there? Did he follow the younger?

"Wh...I...you.." Ten started stuttering, quickly wiping the rest of his tears away. He was embarrassed to cry in front of him. Usually Taeyong would make fun of him for that.

But Taeyong didn't. He stared at Ten. "You shouldn't walk through here at night." He said.

Ten's heart was pounding. He'd been doing so good at avoiding Taeyong.

"I...i had to get home.." Ten whispered, his hands were still shaking.

Taeyong slowly lowered his hood, revealing his red hair, he was still staring at Ten, a slit in his thick eyebrow.

He cleared his throat. "This is your house, right?" He nodded to Ten's house they were standing in front of. Ten realized Taeyong knew where he lived now because of that dinner.

"Ne..." The younger slowly backed up to the driveway, his heart still pounded. He knew he needed to thank Taeyong, but he couldn't work up the courage to do it.

Taeyong was still standing there, watching Ten. He watched him long enough to make Ten feel uncomfortable, and so Ten slightly waved and rushed up his driveway to the porch.

When he stole a glance over his shoulder, the red hair boy was still there, watching him, hands in his pockets.

Their eyes locked for severeal seconds, and then Ten disappeared inside the house.

Sorry this chapter is short and ik it's dark, but my mood suddenly dropped and my night kinda sucks. I hope you guys still enjoy it, I'll upload when I'm free again and don't have so much on my mind.