The "Sleepover"

After changing into something dry, Ellyana walked back into the den. Robert and Bria's attention turned to her. She was wearing a gray and white sweatshirt, a jean skirt, some knee-high black socks, and white sneakers. Ellyana's hair was dry and down, curled every so slightly. Ellyana made her way back over to the couch, sitting in between Robert and Bria. They were both looking at each other as if something was wrong. Ellyana noticed right away.

"Um, is there something wrong between you two? Did I miss something?" Ellyana asked, clearly worried that her two best friends were not getting along. Robert let out a sigh, looking towards his lap as Bria closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. Ellyana looks back and forth between them as she awaited for an answer. Robert finally spoke up.

"We were fighting over who would pay for dinner," He confessed shyly, not lifting his head. Bria nodded, not wanting to say anything. Ellyana was silent for a moment before she started laughing. Her hand made its way under Robert's chin, lifting it so he was looking at her. Ellyana once again looked between Bria and Robert, who stared at her with confused expressions.

"What's so funny? We thought it would be nice to take you where you wanted on your birthday. I insisted that I pay because Robert had already done so much to get here—" Bria was cut off by Robert, who chimed in to say his reason.

"And I insisted that I pay cause I felt I hadn't done enough..." Robert's voice faded. Ellyana's laughter fell into a giggle as she face palmed. Bria and Robert glance at each other, seeing if the other knew what was happening, but neither of them did. Ellyana finally calmed herself down enough to speak.

"I don't need a fancy dinner, or a special outing as a gift. Hell, I didn't even need this!" Ellyana picks up the cast list off of the glass coffee table in front of her, waving it around. She then places it in her lap, "I already got my wish. It was that I would be with my best friends for my 25th. And you guys made that come true," Ellyana finished, smiling brightly at both of them. Before she knew it, Ellyana felt both Bria and Robert wrap their arms around her, pulling her into a big hug. Ellyana slowly wrapped her arms around them, not wanting to be squashed. After a few seconds, they all pull away, leaving room to breathe.

"So, if you don't want to go out to eat, what do you want to eat? It's 5:55, we should probably eat something." Bria spoke out before seeing Ellyana take out her phone. "Are you seriously ordering take-out?" Bria questioned in a playful tone.

"You bet I am! You guys have done so much, I'll pay for dinner. What do ya want?" Ellyana asked, looking at both Bria and Robert. They both told Ellyana what they wanted and soon enough Ellyana placed the order, paying for all their dinners herself. Now they just had to wait.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Ellyana, Robert, and Bria were all sat on the couch, talking, laughing, and playing games. Everything seemed so perfect. That was until the News came on, it only being slightly heard. Ellyana heard it however, shushing Bria and Robert. Ellyana picked up the remote, turning up the volume. The Newscaster spoke.

"In very unfortunate news, 29 year-old Matthew Moore has been arrested for the death of 4 young men." Ellyana watched in horror. "Our main source of information was a witness. Here is what Rachel Thomas has to say about the event." The screen cut to a video of Rachel speaking into a microphone. She looked to be outside of a house, standing by the mailbox.

"I used to work with him... he was my boss. This afternoon he got fired and stormed out, saying that we would all pay. At around 3:30 there was a get together happening for my college and 30 minutes in, Matthew waltzes onto the stage, gun in hand. Everyone started freaking out, and a few of the football players tried their best to escort everyone out of the venue, but..." Ellyana's eyes started to tear up. "Matthew shot them. Luckily, before anyone else got hurt the police arrived and arrested him. I don't know what would have happened if they didn't get there at the time they did." Ellyana watched as the screen returned back to the newscaster, giving other news.