Chapter 3: The Body

Throughout the night the search for the Lizzie, Mike and Zach continued, but nothing was turned up, by this time their family was in shambles.

At around 8am a small search party found a dead body in the creek behind the Wright home. It was determined that the person died from blunt force trauma to the head. The family heard this that someone found a body and lost it, but they were soon informed that it was not Zach, Mike, or Lizzie.

It was determined that the body was of a woman named Maria Sherolds she was 41 years old. When the police told this to the Wright family, they told the police that she was there neighbor and lived down the road.

A million things began to run through everyones head. The news people soon reported about the body.

"Around 8am today a small search party found the dead body of a Maria Sherolds age 41 in a small creek behind the Wright house. Police have determined she died from blunt force trauma to the head. Police aren't sure has killed her, but there are some assumptions. One is whether or not some how that the two boys killed Sherolds and that Elizabeth witnessed this account and they kidnapped her because of her witnessing this, but once again this was put down my family members. They said that Michael and Zachary would never do that."

Police and detectives soon went to the Sherold house hold. They knocked on the door, but no one was home. The door was slightly ajar which they found odd. Considering this fact they decided to enter the house. The scanned the house soon ending up in the back bedroom where blood was scattered across the floor, but a key piece of evidence was the broken chair leg that had hair on and blood. All this was taken for evidence.

At around 4:30pm that night the reports where in. The chair leg was deamed the murder weapon. On the chair leg was the hair of Maria Sherolds and the finger prints of her husband Leo Sherolds, but there was no evidence of Michael's or Zachary's fingerprints. On the body they also found fingerprints of Leo Sherolds and some of his blood.

Leo Sherolds was accused of murdering his wife Maria Sherolds, but police could not find him. Now the search was on not only for Zachary, Michael and Elizabeth but also for Leo Sherolds, a murderer. Police and authorities soon advanced the search, they believed that some how Michael, Zachary and Elizabeth were involved in this, but they didn't know how but could only assume, that they may of witnessed the disposel of the body and were taken captive and Elizabeth just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Once they news report was sent out about this, people around the US were baffled and shocked. The already massive search party only got bigger people where searching everywhere. The mystery had begun. What happened to the Wrights? on the night of October 1st.