Chapter 18: How it all Ends

They all went home that night and slept in their beds for the first time in along while. The next day was when they were going to tell the full story of what really happend.

Zach, Mike and Liz all sat in a room at the police station, telling what happened to some detectives. Their family was in adjacent room listening in. It was hard for them to tell what happend, but they got through it. When they saw their family they all broke down and cried over what happened. The family really just couldn't believe it.

A few days later began the court hearings, where Zach, Mike and Liz had to tell their story to a judge and a jury. This took a few days of court to finish the story. In the end Leo Sherolds was sentenced to life in prison for; 2nd degree murder, 3 accounts of assualt, 3 accounts of kidnapping, assualt of a minor, attempt to conceil a murder,  and nurmerous other accounts.

Liz's 16th birthday wasn't celebrated until a few days later.

They were all thier granparents house. Liz's dad came out carrying a cake. They all began to sing.

The singing stopped.

She looked around at everyone smiling. She then looked at Mike and Zach.

"Thanks, I love you guys" said Liz.

Mike and Zach smiled back,

"We love you to."

She then turned around and blew out all sixteen candles.