Chapter 2 {Midnight}

You ran downstairs to find cops all over the kitchen and the living room; cops rushed upstairs.
You seemed like you were in a dream everything was hazy and was spinning.
"What's going on?"
You were screaming but no one was listening.
"Can anybody hear me!?"
Eventually everything went fuzzy and you blacked out.
————
You woke up drenched in sweat in what seemed like a hospital? Your head pounded, you probably fell back when you passed out. Immediately you got out of your hospital bed and ran out the room. You needed answers and you needed them now.
As you were walking down the hospital halls you found yourself in the lobby, you saw a couple of cops and crying Midnight. Wait midnight? What is midnight doing here? You walked towards the cops and tapped one of them on the shoulder.
"Uh hi? Are you one of the cops who were at my house?"
The cop nodded, "I think you may want to sit down."
You gave him a confused look, "I don't understand?"
"I'm sorry sweety but last night your parents were killed."
You let out a nervous laugh, "What no that's impossible I talked to them when they got home."
The cop put a hand on your shoulder, "I'm sorry. But your mother did have a sister. It's midnight."
The cop then left you as if he didn't just tell you the two people who raised you were killed and you were sound asleep and unharmed. It felt like the walls were closing in, you forgot how to breathe, you were gasping for air. Trying so desperately to breath normally but to no avail. You fell on yours knees and started sobbing, although Midnight didn't know you until now you were still her niece so she pulled you into her embrace and did the best she could at trying to comfort you. It was her job to protect you now even if she didn't think keeping you with her was the best idea.

Once you calmed down you looked at Midnight,
"Mom never told me she had a sister."
"We weren't on the greatest terms sweety, I've met you once when you were a baby and that was it. You've grown up so much" she gave you a soft smile.
"Where does this leave me?"
"With me..."
"To Musutafu? No! I'm not going! I can't that's.. I'm not leaving my friends!"
"I know you don't wanna leave Tokyo sweety but I'm the only one who can take care of you, I'm sorry. And I know this is sudden but our train leaves in 10 minutes so we have to leave now."
"I didn't even get my stuff! Or say goodbye!," you got up, " I can't do this!"
"Your stuff is already packed, I packed it. And I'm sorry but we have to leave now."
At this point Midnight was dragging towards the train station, and at this point you also gave up. This was your life now. Living with your aunt who you've barely met, leaving your friends, and moving to Musutafu.