Chapter 5 {Creature}

Eventually you picked yourself up off the ground and walked outside, your shadow creature close behind.
You started to climb the house onto the roof; you stood on the roof and looked down as the wind blew your hair and tears away. Your shadow creature rubbed against your leg and all you could do was mouth 'im sorry' as you fell back off the roof. You shut your eyes closed as you waited for the impact of the ground to happen but to no avail. When you opened your eyes you found yourself hovering over the ground by a couple inches, and to no surprise it was the shadows who kept you hovering. You groaned as they slowly placed you onto the ground and all of them disappeared except your little creature. Tears ran down your face that felt like acid in your eyes. You didn't need to be alive yet your stupid quirk was keeping you here. You stood up and brushed off the dust from you and looked at your shadow creature.
"So what you're just my little bud now?"
The creature nodded.
"God I'm a mess. I'm talking to a fucking shadow." You let out a huff as your ran your hands through your hair.
"Can everyone see you?"
The shadow nodded again.
"At least I won't look crazy" you smiled a bit as you wiped your tears away.
You headed back into the house and up to your room and sat on your bed.
Would your parents really want you acting like this?
It doesn't matter what your parents want anymore, they're gone.
You thought maybe it doesn't hurt as much because you barely saw them. Ever since you were a little girl they were always out. You only saw them at 3am and then at 6am. Always the same routine, they'd only be home for 3 hours leaving you alone. But you couldn't help but feel strangled and now that you're not it hurts? But you had to get used to the fact that they weren't here anymore. Even if you only had ten minutes with them a day. You looked towards your shadow creature,
"Maybe I should get out the house?"
The creature nodded and you got up and took off your hoodie to put on a tank top.
"Come on little bud," you patted your shoulder and he teleported onto it rubbing against your cheek.
"You need a name," The creature made a little squeak and you let out a laugh as you made your way out the door.
"Creature? No that's kinda mean. Uh. How about Knight?" The creature made a small noise in response to the name.
"Knight it is."
You gave Knight a small side smile as you guys made your way to the mall.
———-
Soon after you reached the mall your phone went off, startling Knight in the process; he got into a fighting stance on your shoulder and let out a small growl. You pulled his tail, "It's just my phone dumb dumb."

Auntie Midnight:
Y/n? Where are you?
You should be home by now!
Are you okay?

Y/n:
Hey auntie, sorry I should've texted you I'm just at the mall I'm okay.

Auntie Midnight:
Oh okay! Well get something cute to wear I have a little party to go to and you're coming with!

Y/n:
Okay auntie!

You sighed and looked towards Knight and he let out a weird chuckle.
"Hey! Shut up."
It was weird to think about how a couple hours ago you tried to kill yourself. How did your mood change so drastically? You didn't really know either but maybe having Knight made you feel less alone, like maybe he was your guardian angel, well guardian shadow.
You and Knight went searching store to store for a cute dress until you ran into a red dress, it was flowy but also tight. Midnight will probably be disappointed that it isn't completely skin tight but she understands that's not your style. After buying the dress you made your way home.
———-
"You think I can teleport like mom through shadows?"
Knight shrugged.
"Let's try it!"
So you did, but.... you only teleported about five feet in front of you.
"Guess im a little rusty." You shrugged and Knight let out a weird chuckle again.
As you walked home you watched the sun set and with the sun set you promised you'd let your doubts set too. You'd have to stop focusing on the past to move on. This was your life now, your parents would want you happy, so that's what you'll be.