Headcanons

a/n: before we get into the oneshots,, let's start with some of my headcanons (not all oneshots will have my headcanons, just so you know)

• Racetrack Fucking Higgins loves Phantom of the Opera. And I fucking mean loves.
He loves it so much that when he and Spot were going to get married he suggested "All I Ask of You" be their wedding song, of course, Spot said no. This resulted in a four (4) hour-long argument between the two about why it should or shouldn't be their wedding song.
Spot eventually won.

•Race's dad was homophobic and abusive (that started when Race was five) and eventually left. His mother got sick when he was six and to pay for the bills Race got a job selling newspapers (in Brooklyn, where they lived) when race was seven his mother died and he was forced out onto the streets. Soon finding himself in Manhattan (going back to Brooklyn to sell his papers at the Sheepshead, of course) this is the point in his life where he met Jack.

•Spot's dad left before he was born when his mother first found out about him to be exact. Spot eventually left home to be on his own when he was ten and started selling papers.

•Spot's first friends on the streets were named Sketch (Elizabeth), Mouse (Charlotte), and Matches (Patrick) - they where his only family for six years.

•Race and Albert dated for three years before they even met/knew about Spot. Their relationship ended in a lot of tears and yelling but due to Jack hating seeing either of them burst into tears when they saw each other he forced them to make up, this meaning they became inseparable and best friends once again.

•Race is gay but due to his past with his father drilling homophobia into his head he refuses to admit it. He'll go far enough to say he's bisexual but to him, gay is much worse and more extreme. And Spot is working to get Race comfortable enough with his sexuality but it's a slow process, of course, Spot doesn't mind. As long as he can help his husband as much as possible.

•Buttons is the biggest theatre nerd you would ever meet - bigger than Race. You will never catch him not humming or singing something from a musical.

•Mush has a little birthmark on his ankle and is usually teased about it by his boyfriend, Kid Blink.

•Spot Conlon is the sweetest person ever?? Not to Jack but like,, if he sees a dog or a baby he immediately melts and Race adores it more than anything.

•Kid Blink hATES horror movies but refuses to admit it because Mush loves them so much BUT Mush knows how much his boyfriend hates them so whenever they have a movie night and he gets to pick he chooses Tim Burton or Scooby-Doo movies,, to appease the horror aspect but also to not make Blink cry

•When Spot was on the streets he and his friends found a pit bull puppy and named her Cork

•Buttons is ftm transgender and his adopted mother was and is supportive of him

•Mush was the first one to know about Buttons being trans and bought him his first Binder for his birthday.

•listen here. Buttons is the biggest Marvel fan. This little shit knows every bit and piece about the cinematic universe and will 100% fight you if you challenge him on any piece of canonical information he has.

•Oh,, Yeah,, buttons makes all the Halloween costumes for the Newsies and all the costumes for the plays and musicals at their school

•crutchie has freckles everywhere

•Elmer is a Mathlete and Race will not stop singing Do This Thing from Mean Girls to him whenever he walks through the door (specifically any part sung by Cheech/Kevin)