Chapter 1

"In a land far far away, lies the kingdom of Fiore; a small peaceful nation of 17 million, and a place filled with magic. Found in every hall, bought and sold in every marketplace, for most magic is merely a tool - a mundane part in everyday life. For some, however, magic is an art, and they've devoted their lives to its practise. These are the wizards: banded together into magical guilds, they improve their skills in search of fame and fortune. Many such guilds populate the landscape of Fiore, but there is a certain guild in a certain town that sours high above the rest, one from which countless legends have been born, a guild that will no doubt continue to create legends welled into the future - it's name.. Is Fairy Tail."

-----------------------------------

"What? You mean to tell me that there's only one magic shop in this whole town?"

I had randomly walked into some magic shop, only to overhear the blonde girl at the counter say something about one magic shop? Well, well, well. Guess who's leaving early. Not that I need to buy magic. I'm not a holder type wizard. I just like to look around.

"'Fraid so, the people 'round here are more fishing folk then they are magic folk. I reckon most people in town don't even know how to use magic. I built this shop to sell to the wizards who happen to be passing through." What a generous guy that shop owner is.

The blonde girl let out a mushroom sigh as she turned away and placed her arms on her hips, "Aw man, I came out all this way for nothing."

"Now, now, don't say that little lady, I have all the latest goods, let me show you," said the shopkeeper as he brang out something, "This colours magic is popular, all the young girls really seem to like it - it let's you change the colour of your clothes, anytime you want!" he rubbed his finger in a circle on the pad as a small green glyph emerged, "Purple!"

"I already have one of those. What I really want are some powerful gate keys."

That caught my attention. How come I didn't see the keys sooner? "Gate keys? So you're a celestial wizard? That's really cool."

The blonde turned her head towards me, as she nodded and smiled. She probably didn't expect somebody to approach her. Little did I know the blonde was thinking about me- just for a split second though. 'Wow she's pretty!'

When she turned her attention back to what she was originally looking for, something almost immediately caught her eye. I heard the shop owner say in the background, "Gate keys, huh? That's a rare request." That is very much believable.

"Oh, wow, it's a little doggy!"

"Yes, but that one's not very powerful, you see."

"I know, but I really really want it," she slid over to the shop owner. "So how much?"

The old man held a peace sign, "20,000 jewel."

There was a pause before she repeated what she asked, "I'm sorry, but how much was that again?"

"I said 20,000 jewel."

The celestial wizard sweatdropped as I just scratched my head in the background, 'Should I lend a hand or what..?'

The girl then placed herself atop the counter, "Aw, come on, how much is it really worth? Surely you could cut me a deal." she said, winking at the shopkeeper afterwards. I just stared with a twitching eye and a forced smile, 'Yeah. I really should lend a hand.'

-----------------------------------

"I can't believe he only knocked off a thousand jewel. Stubborn old geezer must be blind," Lucy grumbled as she stomped past.