Chapter 12 (Part 2)

[ok imma stop putting random music in these chapters]

-----------------------------------

This roar.. so loud, so effective, that I almost toppled over due to all the shaking. "HOLY SHIT!" I yelled, this guy makes Lullaby look like a baby.

"FINALLY, THE MOMENT IS HERE!" Masky shouted, anticipating this as we looked back at him.

"Oh man, we're wasting our time on you," Natsu said, "Let's finish this right now-"

Natsu was suddenly hit on the side of his head, that making him accidentally side bash his head into mine. "OW!"

"Ready when you are, go ahead and do your worst, little salamander," Masky said, as this orb was flying around.

I was rubbing my head as Natsu spoke, "Why you.."

The orb came at us again, and Natsu used his fiery fist to shatter it. And then it just pieced itself back together perfectly as if it never got dented. I felt it knock on my back, almost toppling me over and then it socked Natsu in the stomach.

"I thought that was broke!" I shouted, stretching my back. This guy is too much work.

"I have the ability to control an object's time. Meaning I can take the crystal back in time to before it was broken."

"Bruh, that shouldn't be allowed!" I yelled. As if Natsu's dragon slayer magic wasn't enough for me to know these 'lost magics' were powerful.

"What kind of magic gives you that power?" Natsu asked.

"I practise one of the lost magics called the 'Arc of Time'. It's extremely rare and quite powerful. Would you like to see what happens when I throw this crystal ball into the future?" Masky responded as the ball whizzed behind us before it began to repeatedly sock us in different places.

"That hurts!" I shouted, coating my fist in my light magic before punching the crystal ball, surprising to me it broke. Literally a second later the ball was back to its previous state, and before I knew it, my head hurt like hell. My hands shot up to behind my head where the ball bonked me. "Watch that!"

"Your magic won't help you," Masky said, as Natsu attempted to shatter the ball with his flaming fist.

"It stopped in mid-air!" the pinkette said, eyes widened.

"Yes. I also have the ability to freeze an object in time."

"Nice trick. But I'd be more impressed if it worked on people," Natsu replied, I silently agreed.

"Ah, that's the rub, it's powerless on living things," Masky answered, the ball retreating to his side. "Since Ur turned herself into the ice that encases Deliora, I cannot simply turn back the time on that ice to its pre-frozen state - that's why we're using moon drip."

'That makes sense,' I thought, as Natsu spoke again. "Lemme ask you something. Why are you guys doing this? It seems to me like you're working hard trying to revive this demon, just so Lyon can kill it to boost his ego. That's great for him and all, but what are you gonna get out of it?"

"I can't say. I've only recently joined them so I don't know enough to speak on the others' behalf."

"Okay, what about you then? What's your goal in all of this?"

"You certainly know how to get straight to the point," Masky said, not removing that stupid grin. "The Cold Emperor Lyon is an arrogant twit. He doesn't stand a chance against Deliora. That's where I come in."