Chapter 9

Lucy gasped, "No way! They're really going through with it?"

Yes, today is the day. Remember when Natsu challenged Erza to a fight? They're about to duke it out right here, right now. I'm still a bit concerned about my stomach, it seemed there was some kind of black sun above my belly button. Not too big, but not too small either. I don't even know how it got there, but I can't remove it. I won't dwell on it though, and hopefully that doesn't happen again.

"Hey Lucy!" Mira greeted with a smile.

"Well if they value their manhood, then they better go through with it," Elfman advised.

"If you haven't noticed, Erza's a woman," said Ren. Yes, Ren. It's been like, forever since I've last seen him around the guild and to tell you the truth, I missed him. Though, I would never admit that unless I had to.

"You gotta admit she's manly though," said Macao.

"I guess," my cousin replied.

"Aren't you worried this fight could tear our strongest team apart?" Lucy asked Gray.

"Strongest team? What're you talking about?" the ice wizard asked.

"You, Natsu and Erza, ya dummy! You're the three strongest wizards in the guild!"

"We are? Yeah right, what idiot fed you that lie?" The smiling Mira, having heard that, shortly hid her face behind her hands and started childishly crying afterwards. "Oh, you're not an idiot, Mira..."

"You made her cry!" said Lucy.

"Smooth move, Ray," I added with a smirk, and he went a little red, I saw it, but I assumed it was because of embarrassment. 'Damn it, Xie..'

Elfman decided to speak. "I'll hand it to Natsu and Gray, they're tough little dudes. But neither of them are even close to being the strongest. There are guys from Fairy Tail that are even stronger than both of them combined!" he then grinned, pointing at himself, "Like this guy!"

"But calling Erza the strongest woman in the guild is a pretty safe bet," Levy confirmed.

"As far as the guys, it's a tough call, but I'd put my money on Laxus or Mystogan," Jet said. I scratched my head, 'Do I even know them?'

Mira had a hand to her eye as tears were flowing, "All I meant was the three of them work well together and they have the best team chemistry in all of Fairy Tail!"

"Okay, this is coming from the same person who sent me and Lexie on a mission to keep Natsu and Gray from killing each other while Erza wasn't around?" Lucy deadpanned.

"That's total contradiction," I pointed out.

"Regardless, I'm pretty psyched to see how this fight turns out," Elfman admitted.

"Oh yeah? I'm sure she'll end up mopping the floor with him," Gray assumed.

"It's been quite a while since we've squared off like this, hasn't it Natsu?" Erza struck up a conversation with the dragon slayer.

"I was just a little kid back then. Today's gonna be different," Natsu boldly declared, "Because I'm taking you down, Erza!"

"Well, I'm not going to go easy on you, in fact," Erza mentioned, starting to glow. "I have the perfect armour for this occasion!"

Erza requipped into an armour that I have yet to see; it consisted of crimson, orange and black.

"That's Flame Empress armour! Good choice against fire magic!" Macao stated.

"So now Natsu's flames will only be half as effective!" a woman with lavender purple hair and glasses informed.

"Come on Erza, at least give the kid a fighting chance!" somebody said, I think his name was Wakaba.