Vol. 6

T.W.: panic attack

Virgil wakes up in the middle of the night from a nightmare. Only the nightmare seemed to be warning him.

What does it all mean?

~~Present day~~

Virgil knew excactly where he was. How could you forget the place you grew up? The place that haunts your every dream.

Everything was excactly the same. The cells covered in slime. The cracked walls. Virgil even thought he could smell the stench of rot eating through what little wood was in the prison.

"You. You've been here before."

Virgil turned around to see a boy. He was wearing a white shirt with a black leather jacket and jeans. The boy was curled up in the middle of a cell made bedroom and dark bags hung under his dull, brown eyes. Virgil noticed some of the drawings he carved into the wall.

"He's coming for you." The boy said, "You and the other boy."

"REMINGTON." A chilling voice yelled.

The boy froze, "go. Go! You need to wake up! WAKE UP!"

Virgil bolted upright in his bed with a scream. His shoulders shook as his breathing became quick.

"Virge? What's wrong?" Roman asked, sitting up in bed.

Virgil just let out a choked sob. Roman immediately knew what was going on. Panic attack.

"Can I touch you?" Roman asked, making his way over to Virgil.

Virgil nodded quickly. Roman wrapped his arms around his brother, rocking them slightly until Virgil started to calm down.

"Hey kiddos." Patton whispered, opening the door, "is everything alright?"

Virgil nodded.

"Yeah, just a nightmare Dad." Roman said quietly.

Virgil shook his head, his muscles tensing again.

"Hey, it's okay kiddo." Patton sat down on the bed.

'Warning.' Virgil signed.

"A warning about what?" Patton asked.

'Deceit.'

Roman gasped, his eyes wide.

"Roman? What's wrong?" Patton asked, grabbing the boys hand.

"D-deceit. He was the one-" Roman cut himself off with a sob, pressing his wings tight to his back, "he was the one who controlled us... a-and h-hurt us..."

Patton pulled both boys closer. Roman cried into his shoulder, while Virgil shook violently. Patton kissed their forheads and just held them.

"Virge?" Roman sniffled after a few minutes, "what- what did your dream tell you?"

'A boy said Deceit's coming for us.' Virgil signed.

"That's not gonna happen." Patton said, "Lo and I won't let it."

Roman nodded, "okay."

"Now, I think you two are a little too shaken up to get a good night's sleep," Patton told the boys, "why don't we go get some coco and watch some Steven Universe. Then you're both staying home tomorrow."

Virgil nodded along with Roman. Patton held the boys close as he guided them down the stairs and to the kitchen.

"Dad?" Roman asked, "what's gonna happen if Deceit catches us?"

"Lo and I will get you back." Patton said, "and we'll protect you and love you, just like we already do."

"Even if I do something horrible?" Roman asked, his voice small.

"Ro, I know you." Patton placed his hands on the boys shoulders, "You wouldn't do anything like that of your own free will."

"But-"

"Butts are for sitting on." Patton smiled, handing Roman two mugs, "now why don't you give Virge his coco and we can sit and watch a show, hmm?"

Roman gave a small smile of his own, "Okay."

"REMINGTON." Deceit slammed on the bars, making the poor boy flinch and look up, "get up. I have a job for you."

Remy shook slightly as Deceit raised his hand. His mind went fuzzy as the snake took control.

"Find my other pets." Deceit hissed, looking into Remy's now glowing yellow eyes.

"Yes sir."