Vol. 9

(I just realised I didn't put the blurb thing at the beginning of the past 2 chapters 😂 whoops)

Virgil and Roman were finally happy. They had a normal life, besides the super powers.

But all superheroes have a villain.

~~Present day ~~

Virgil shoved Roman as the boy laughed. Patton had gone out for the day and the boys had started a prank war. Currently, Virgil was covered in glitter and soaking wet.

"Ha!" Roman laughed, "That's for squirting me with chocolate sauce!"

Virgil pouted and flicked glitter at Roman, 'I'll get you back!'

Roman nodded thoughtfully, "So I'll have to... be prepared!"

Virgil groaned at the Lion king reference. He shook his head, spraying water and glitter all over his brother.

"Hey!" Roman yelled, ducking for cover.

Virgil laughed, "Pranked."

Roman scoffed, "You ruined my shirt!"

Virgil scrunched up his nose, "You ruined my jacket."

Roman rolled his eyes and held out his hand, "Truce?"

Virgil smirked and nodded, "Truce."

"I'm still keeping an eye on you." Roman said with a small smile.

Virgil rolled his eyes and nodded, 'I'm taking a shower.'

Roman nodded, "Okay, I'll get a movie set?"

Virgil nodded as he made his way to the bathroom. Roman walked over to their movie collection and picked up Wall-E. He walked over and put in the movie, watching as the beginning ads rolled by.

"ROMAN!"

The boy jumped at the sudden scream. There was a crash and another scream.

"ROMAN HELP!"

Roman dashed upstairs. He caught a glimpse of Virgil laying on the floor bleeding and a flash of glowing yellow. Then everything went black.

"Hey kiddos, we're back." Patton called as he and Logan walked through the door.

Both of them froze when they saw the house. Chocolate sauce covered the wall of the kitchen, glitter was piled by the stairs, a few of the chairs were tipped over and leaves were scattered over the sofa.

Logan sighed, "we're never leaving them alone again."

Patton nodded slowly, looking around with a confused expression, "Agreed."

"Roman! Virgil!" Logan called.

No response.

"Odd." Logan muttered, "Patt, can you check their room and I'll check the back?"

Patton nodded and made his way up the stairs. Logan was halfway to the back door when he heard Patton scream.

"Patton! Whats-!" Logan froze when he saw the hallway, "Oh no."

Blood was splattered across crooked pictures and soaked into the carpet. Virgil's hoodie layed in the middle of the hall with a few pure white scales in the shape of a two headed snake resting on the fabric.

Patton fell to his knees, "they're gone. Lo he took them. We promised them. We promised they would be safe!"

Logan sat next to his husband and pulled him into a hug, "we'll find them Patt, and we'll make sure Deceit never hurts anyone again."

Patton sobbed and squeezed Logan. Logan held him tightly as he stared at the hoodie and scales.

Deceit will pay.