Vol. 12

T.W.: blood, mention of death

Virgil is alone to fight Deceit now. The grief of Roman fueling him.

Will Deceit survive Virgil's wrath?

~~Present day ~~

Virgil blinked as his vision cleared. He collapsed to the sand, covered in claw marks. Virgil looked up and his eyes widened.

Roman...

Virgil struggled to his feet, stumbling over to the now pure white and red dragon. He knelt by Roman's head and placed a hand on the cold scales.

"Roman..." Virgil whispered, shaking the dragon slightly, "Ro..."

Virgil let out a sob, throwing his arms over Roman's neck. He felt the cold scales press against his cheek. Tears dropped onto snow white scales.

"Virgil..."

The emo felt a hand on his shoulder.

"No." Virge whispered, "no!"

Logan pulled Virgil into a tight hug, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"No!" Virgil yelled trying to get back to Roman, "No he's not-!"

Virgil was cut off by his own sobs. Logan pulled him back to his chest, letting him cry.

"No..."

"Kiddo," Patton whimpered, tears streaming down his cheeks, "There's no pulse."

"NO!" Virgil screamed.

The walls shook with thunder, shaking dust from the ceiling and cracking the stone.

"Now now Virgil, what did I say about talking." Deceit stalked toward them, Remy right behind him.

"You bastard!" Virgil yelled, standing up, "I'll kill you!"

Deceit chucked, "I'd like to see you try."

"Virgil wait!" Logan shouted as the boy charged Deceit.

"Remy. Take care of them." Deceit said, easily dodging Virgil's attack.

Remy nodded and went after Logan and Patton. Deceit grabbed Virgil and threw him to the wall. He leaned over the boy.

"If you won't listen to me, I guess you'll have to die." Deceit smirked, flicking out a small knife.

"Fuck you." Virgil growled.

Deceit raised the knife and a pure white tail slammed him into the wall.

"Roman!" Virgil yelled.

Sure enough the white and red dragon was getting to his feet, glaring down at the snake.

"You!" Deceit growled, backing into the wall, "you're supposed to be dead!"

Roman roared, his teeth inches from Deceit's face.

Remy, who had been fighting Patton and Logan, gasped softly as the yellow light faded from his eyes. He collapsed  into Patton's arms, breathing hard and trying to stay conscious.

Roman shifted into human form and punched Deceit, knocking him out.

"Roman!" Virgil yelled, running up to his brother and knocking him to the sand with a hug.

"Hey Virge." Roman laughed lightly, his voice hoarse.

"Ro!"

"Roman!"

Patton and Logan ran over to their son and hugged him tightly.

"Dad! Padre!" Roman laughed, sinking into the warmth of their hug.

"You're okay." Patton whispered, brushing hair from Roman's eyes, "we thought you were gone... but you're alive."

"And covered in blood." Logan pointed out, "let's get everyone to safety and get Deceit in jail and then we'll talk about things, okay?"

Roman nodded and closed his eyes. Everyone would be alright now.