Vol. 20

Finally, Remy was back at home safe and... well, not so sound. But Patton can help him, right?

~~Present day ~~

Thomas knocked on the door, shifting the sleeping boy on his back. He heard shuffling and moments later, the door opened.

"Remy!" Patton cried, taking the boy from Thomas' back and hugging him.

"Daddy?" Remy yawned, rubbing his eyes with the hand that still held the picture.

"Oh gosh Rem! You had us all terrified!" Patton gasped, holding his son close and sinking to the floor.

Remy whimpered, tears starting to roll down his cheeks. Patton thumbed away the tears and pulled Remy to his chest, kissing the top of his head.

"You're okay Rem." Patton whispered, "you're okay."

Seconds later, Logan popped up infront of the two.

"Remy!" Logan sighed, quickly kneeling down and hugging his son and husband.

"Dad?" Remy whimpered.

"I'm here Rem." Logan whispered.

Remy sighed, then snuggled into the warmth of his Dads' arms.

"What happened?" Patton asked quietly, playing with Remy's hair.

"There was a v-voice," Remy sniffed, "he-it told m-my no one cares and-and I should r-ran aw-way..."

"Oh Rem," Logan said, rubbing away the child's tears, "we care so much Rem."

Remy nodded and let out a sob.

"I'm sorry." He cried, "I'm sorry..."

"Shh, shh, it's okay Remy." Patton comforted, rubbing Remy's back, "we're here."

Remy clutched onto his dad's shirts, somehow not wrinkling the picture in his hand. Thomas knelt down next to them and placed a hand on Remy's shoulder.

"Remy," Thomas said, "your leg?"

Remy nodded and pulled away slightly.

"His leg? What happened to his leg?" Patton asked.

"I-I jumped from the roof a-and landed wrong." Remy admitted.

Patton carded his fingers through Remy's hair, "let me take a look."

Logan picked up Remy and carried him to the couch. Patton's hands glowed blue as he hovered over Remy. He grimaced.

"Its broken." Patton sighed, the glow fading, "my powers can't set it."

"W-what does that mean?" Remy asked, sitting up.

"We have to take you to the hospital to get it set as neither if us are doctors and therefore can't do it." Logan explained.

"But- you'll get a cool cast out of it!" Patton giggled, ruffling Remy's hair.

Remy managed a small smile, "okay."

"Alright." Logan smiled, picking Remy up again, "Thomas, will you pick up Roman and Virgil?"

"Yeah, of course!" Thomas said, grabbing his keys and tossing some others to Patton, who nearly dropped it.

"Alright, let's go." Patton said once he had a hold of his keys.

Once again, all of them left the house, although this time was much better. It was going to be much better.