Vol. 21

Remy is in the hospital and Thomas is picking up Roman and Virgil. How will the boys react when they find out?

~~Present day ~~

Virgil held onto the cuff of Roman's sleeve as they made their way out of school. Today had been one of the worst days in a while. Virgil had a panic attack at lunch and then they spent the next class in Picani's office. The attack caused Virgil's powers to create a storm outside, which was still drizzling while the boys walked out of the building.

"Roman! Virgil!" A voice called.

Roman looked up and for the first time in a while, he smiled.

"Uncle Thomas!" He yelled running up to Thomas and pulling Virgil along with him.

Thomas chuckled lightly, "Hey guys, how was school."

"Eh, not the best." Roman admitted after giving his uncle a hug.

"Is-is there an-ny news on R-remy?" Virgil asked quietly, tugging on the edge of his hood.

Thomas nodded, "yeah, hop in and we'll go see him."

Both boys faces lit up and they scrambled to get into the car. Thomas shook his head fondly and climbed into the drivers seat.

"Um, Uncle Thomas?" Roman asked after a while, "Why are we going to the hospital?"

Thomas grimaced, "Remy broke his leg. He's okay other than that though."

Virgil gave a short sigh of relief, signing to Roman, 'at least he's back'

Roman nodded, letting Virgil grab his sleeve again. Both boys waited anxiously as they followed Thomas into the hospital and to Remy's room.

Remy looked up from the coffee brown cast to see his brothers run up to his bed.

"Remy! Oh my god are you okay!?" Roman yelled, pulling Remy into a tight hug, "we were so worried!"

Remy grabbed onto Roman's white and gold leather jacket, "I'm sorry..."

Virgil sighed and pulled Roman's red beanie over his eyes. Roman yelped and Virgil elbowed him out of the way, pulling Remy into a firm but gentle hug. Remy sighed and wrapped his arms around his older brother.

Thomas walked over to Patton and nudged him, "Why didn't you tell me Virge was talking?"

Patton chuckled and shook his head, "We've been busy."

Thomas nodded with a small smile, "I've got to get going now, I got a date tomorrow. Feel free to invite me over more."

Patton laughed, "will do kiddo, see you later."

Thomas gave them all a small wave and left. Logan walked in soon after.

"We're done filling out everything," Logan announced, "we can all go home."

Everyone nodded and Patton grabbed a pair of crutches. Roman and Virgil helped Remy up as Logan gathered all their stuff. Finally, they were all safe.