Vol. 14

T.W.: blood

Over the next week Remy was able to nap every so often. Though, he still wouldn't sleep through the night.

Cause when he tries, bad things happen.

~~Present day ~~

Patton didn't know where he was. He heard the unsheathing of something and a voice crying out to stop. Remy's voice.

Patton searched for the boy and found him huddled in the corner of the dark room. Standing over Remy with a dagger in his hand was Deceit.

"No!" Patton screamed, running infront of Remy as Deceit brought the knife down.

The knife was plunged into Patton's chest.

"Daddy!"

Patton woke up gasping with an immense pain in his chest. He reached up to feel something warm and sticky. Blood.

"Patton?" Logan said sleepily, turning on a lamp.

Patton heard Logan gasp. Tears started to escape Patton's eyes.

"Patt, what happened!" Logan yelled, taking his husband into his arms.

"I don't- I don't know." Patton gasped, trying to stem the bleeding.

"Love, concentrate, you need to heal yourself." Logan said, trying to keep calm.

Patton nodded and his hand flickered with blue light, getting stronger the more Patton was healed. He closed his eyes slowly.

Patton collapsed into Logan's arms when the wound was gone.

Logan cupped Patton's face, "Patt?"

Patton slowly opened his eyes, "I'm okay Lo."

"Daddy!" Remy yelled, running through the door and launching himself at Patton, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! I'm sorry!"

Remy cried into Patton's shoulder. Patton hugged the terrified boy.

"I'm okay Rem." Patton said.

"Why are you apologizing?" Logan asked, rubbing Remy's back.

"M-my powers. I-I can d-dreamwalk and pull others in-into my dreams." Remy sobbed, "but t-they get h-hurt."

"Oh kiddo..." Patton whispered.

Remy whimpered, "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." Logan said quietly, "you just haven't learned how to control your powers yet."

"I hurt people..." Remy whispered.

"But you don't mean to." Patton said, hugging the boy tighter, "We'll help you learn."

More tears fell down Remy's cheeks. He buried his face in Patton's shoulder as he silently cried.

"Padre?" Roman asked, walking into the room with Virgil close behind him, "Wheres-? Oh, there's Remy. I told you he was fine Virge."

Patton smiled lightly, "everything's okay kiddos. Go back to bed."

Virgil nodded.

"Okay Padre." Roman said, turning around and following Virgil back to their room.

"Daddy? Dad?" Remy asked quietly, "can I stay with you two tonight?"

"Of course little Morpheus ." Logan said, wiping a tear off Remy's cheek, "you can always stay with us."

Remy smiled a little, "okay."

"We love you Rem." Patton said.

Remy hugged his dads, "I love you too."