Vol. 13

Everyone had gotten home in one piece. They were all exhausted, but everything turned out okay.

But a new arrival may bring new challenges.

~~Present day ~~

Patton lead Roman and Virgil up to their room while Logan took Remy to their room.

Roman layed down on his stomach, letting his wings fall on either side of his bed. He whined in pain, squeezing his pillow.

"Oh Ro..." Patton whispered, sitting down on the bed, "your wings.

Roman let out a broken sob into his pillow. He felt a warmth spread over his wings and back. The boy sighed shakily, the pain ebbing away in the warmth.

"Ro, kiddo, are you okay?" Patton asked, gently rubbing Roman's wings.

Roman nodded slowly, "yeah, I'm okay now Dad."

Patton moved to rub Roman's back, "how did you... we thought you were dead..."

"I'm cold blooded as a dragon," Roman said, yawning, "I got too cold and went into hibernation, like lizards and such."

Patton carded his fingers through Roman's hair, "Okay. I need to check on Virge, why don't you take a nap, okay kiddo?"

Roman nodded again, "okay."

Patton sighed softly and made his way over to his other son. Virgil was curled up, his back resting on the headboard of his bed.

"Virge?" Patton asked quietly, "are you hurt?"

Virgil nodded and started shaking. Patton sat down next to him, holding his arms out. Virgil quickly accepted the hug, starting to softly cry as he felt Patton's healing warmth wash over him.

Patton smoothed out Virgil's hair as he cried. The dad closed his eyes. He was tired. Logan was tired. The kids were tired.

"Dad?" Virgil whispered, "what's gonna happen to Remy?"

Patton sighed, "he's in really bad shape, but he'll pull through."

"How bad?" Virgil asked.

"He hasn't eaten in weeks and he hasn't slept in even longer." Patton said.

"Deceit wouldn't let him sleep." Virgil told him, "he's scared to."

Patton sighed and nodded, "okay. We can work on that, just like we did with you and Ro. He'll get better just like you did."

Virgil smiled lightly and closed his eyes, almost immediately falling asleep. Patton layed him on the bed and pulled the covers over him. He gave his boys a kiss on their heads and left to go to his room.

Patton opened the door to find the room dark. He heard a quiet voice from the bed.

"Remy, you can sleep." Logan said softly.

Patton saw the boy shake his head. Logan sighed and looked at Patton. Patton walked in, closing the door behind him, and sat next to his husband.

"Your name is Remy?" Patton asked, continuing when the boy nodded, "I'm Patton. I'm Roman and Virgil's dad. They told me you were scared to sleep?"

Remy nodded, "h-he hurt me if I fell asleep. If I sleep I get hurt."

"Oh kiddo..." Patton whispered, "we're not going to hurt you. No one is, not anymore."

Remy glanced up at the two adults infront of him. Is it really safe?

"C-can I sleep with Ro and Virge?" Remy asked quietly.

Logan nodded, "I'll get a bed set up."

Logan walked out of the room, leaving Patton alone with Remy.

"Hey kiddo, why is is so dark in here?" Patton asked after a few moments.

"Light makes my eyes hurt." Remy whispered.

Patton nodded, "we should get you some sunglasses then."

Remy tilted his head, "what are sun glasses?"

"Well kiddo," Patton explained, "they're a pair of glasses that are dark and they make everything else look dark cause they block out bright light."

Remy smiled lightly, "that sounds nice."

"We'll get you a pair then." Patton giggled.

Remy giggled as well, "t-thanks."

"Remy?" Logan said, opening the door, "your beds ready."

Patton smiled as the boy got up, "goodnight kiddo."

Remy smiled back, "night... Dad."