Vol. 23

Now Remy and Virgil were both recovering. Luckily they had the best family.

~~Present day~~

Patton combed his fingers through Virgil's hair. He was going through the flu and was moved to the guest room so Roman and Remy wouldn't get sick. Little did their dad's know they snuck in anyway.

Virgil melted under the touch, feeling safe and secure with Patton there. He remembered when Patton and Logan first found him.

~~flashback ~~

Virgil woke up in a soft bed in a room filled with light.

"You're awake." Someone said.

Virgil whipped around to see a man standing by the bed. He wore a black shirt and a dark blue tie with black framed glasses. Virgil immediately tensed.

"Are you alright?" The man said, taking a step closer.

Virgil pressed his back against the bedframe, holding up his hand that crackled with lightning.

"I'm not going to hurt you." The man gave him a small smile, "My name is Logan, my husband and I rescued you. He should be bringing up some food soon."

Virgil slowly lowered his hand, making Logan smile a little wider. Logan sat on the edge of the bed, not to close to frighten the boy, but close enough to hold a conversation.

"What's you're name?" Logan asked.

Virgil shrunk back in his dark grey hoodie. Logan summoned a pen and pad. Virgil watched in awe as the objects flew across the room with a slight, dark blue glow.

"Do you know how to write?" Logan asked, checking to see if the pen worked.

Virgil nodded. Logan handed over the objects. The darkly dressed boy wrote one word, Virgil.

"Virgil?" Logan said quietly, "your name is Virgil?"

Virgil nodded and shrunk into his hoodie again.

"Virgil is a wonderful name." Another man said, opening the door, a bowl in his hand, " I'm Patton, Logan's husband."

Virgil looked at the other man as he walked into the room. He seemed bright and happy, like a puppy or a teddy bear.

"You okay kiddo?" Patton asked, handing Virgil the bowl, "I made some mac and cheese, but if you don't like it I can make something else."

Virgil took the food and stared at it for a moment before taking a bite. Then another. Soon the bowl was empty and Virgil was flushed red. Patton smiled brightly.

"When was the last time you ate?" Logan asked.

Virgil shrugged and yawned. Patton gently combed his fingers through Virgil's hair. Virgil melted under the touch, feeling safe and secure with Patton there. The boy slowly slipped into sleep.