Chapter 5: Evil Brother

"Did you have a nice night with my siblings?" Jacob asked Abby, as they drove back home.

"I sure did. I really love your family Jacob. They are so nice and caring" Abby responded back with a huge smile on her face.

"I'm glad" Jacob placed his hand on her leg and smiled back. "They are your family now too. Don't forget that".

Abby nodded at Jacob and turned her head to look out the car window, when they suddenly spotted Eli standing at the gates of the Veterans Centre. Abby became nervous immediately, her brother didn't know she was back in Hope County and with his number one enemy.

"What does he want?" Jacob pulled the truck over and jumped out. Abby slowly followed Jacob, scared about Eli's reaction when he saw her.

"Eli. What the fuck are you doing here?" Jacob yelled out to him.

Eli turned around to face Jacob and the first thing his eyes spotted was Abby, walking behind Jacob. "What the fuck? Abby? What the hell are you doing here? What the fuck are you doing with Jacob Seed?".

Abby looked at Jacob. Her whole body was numb from the fear she felt. Not knowing what would happen right now, Abby looked back at Eli and decided to come clean.

"I moved back to Hope County".

"Why?" Eli yelled.

"To be with me. You've got a problem with that?" Jacob interrupted.

"You fucking bet I do" Eli stormed over to his sister, grabbing her by the arm and dragging her. Abby was fighting back, punching his hand and screaming at him.

"Let go of me. You're hurting me" Abby yelled.

The word "hurting" triggered something off inside Jacob. Someone was hurting the girl he loves and he'd be damned if he didn't help her. He stormed over to Eli, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and slammed him against the hood of his truck. "Don't you dare touch her" he threatened and started laying punches into Eli, who was still recovering from a broken nose. Abby knew it wasn't right to intervene, Jacob was angry and she thought that, with the anger built up inside him, he would hurt her without realising. She called out to him multiple times, trying her best to get his attention but then Eli got the strength to fight back against Jacob.

The two men fell on the ground and took turns in punching each other. Eli's punches were not doing much damage like Jacob's ones were. Abby panicked, she yelled out to Jacob's men who immediately ran out of the Veterans Centre and to the two men. The chosen all pulled Jacob and Eli off each other, before holding Eli down on the ground while helping Jacob up on his feet. Jacob turned around and looked at Abby, seeing the fear and sadness in her eyes broke his heart but all he wanted to do was protect her. His concerns washed away the moment Abby ran to him, wrapping her arms around his waist and placing her face into his chest.

"Are you okay?" Abby asked.

"I'm fine" Jacob replied back. Abby looked up at Jacob to see with her own eyes and was amazed that after all that punching, Jacob only had a busted lip and eyebrow.

"Put him in one of the cages. I don't want to see his pathetic face for the rest of the night" Jacob ordered his men and the complied. They picked up Eli and dragged his messy state into the courtyard of the Veterans Centre.

Jacob finally wrapped his arms around Abby and stroke her hair to comfort her after the terrible scene. She was shaking with fear and crying into his chest hysterically. He grabbed her and carried her, bridal style, into the building and placing her on their bed.

"Please be honest with me. Are you hurt?" Abby asked through her tears.

"I'm not hurt Abby, I promise. Are you okay?" Jacob examined her arm and saw a big bruise forming on where Eli had grabbed her from. "I'm going to kill him" he muttered to himself and looking up at Abby.

"It's ok. I bruise up pretty easily" Abby informed a concerned Jacob. He took in a deep breath and placed his palm on her cheek.

"I'm sorry little lamb. I didn't want things to escalate to that but when I heard you say the word "hurt", I loss control" Jacob explained.

"It's fine Jacob. You protected me and I'm so grateful for it. I wish I could have done something to help you too" Abby gave a small smile. "Don't let him take me away from you Jacob. Please".

"Won't happen. No fucking way" Jacob pressed his lips against hers and caressed her cheek with his thumb. "You belong to me and you'll stay with me. I promise".

An hour later, Jacob had gone down to the cage that Eli was in to have a "chat". Abby tried waiting up for him but her eyes were swollen and red from all the crying, so the moment she closed her eyes, she fell into a deep sleep. When Jacob walked back into the bedroom and saw Abby fast asleep, he smiled at how peaceful she was after all the commotion from earlier. He immediately took his clothes off and jumped in bed with a his shirt and boxers on. He laid on his side and grabbed Abby, pulling her as close as possible, wanting to hold her tightly as she slept in his arms.