Chapter 7: A New Start Together

Slight Smut Warning

Two weeks went by too fast for Abby and Jacob but in those weeks Abby was able to see the true colours of her lover. She was amazed at how patient Jacob was being with Eli, who was no longer talking or eating, after his last conversation with his sister. Abby was able to see the stress and frustration in Jacob's face, so every night before bed she would make Jacob go into the bathtub and relax. She would give him a much needed massage as well and it seemed to always work.

It was Wednesday morning, Abby planned to take Jacob away from his stressful work and out to enjoy a nice, relaxing picnic up on the mountains. She woke up at 7am to get the food and picnic basket set, all that was left for her was to get Jacob out of the Veterans Centre, with the help of his men.

"Come on honey, we are going out together" Abby said as she stormed into his office, followed by his men.

"Not today Abby. I've got a lot of work to do today" Jacob responded back, not evening looking up at her.

"Too bad. I've got our picnic basket ready so you have no choice but to get off your butt and come with me" Abby said. Jacob finally looked up at her and only noticed the crowd that was on his office. He raised his eyebrows as he examined each person.

"What's the occasion?" Jacob asked, leaning back in his seat.

"No occasion. All of us agreed that you need to get away from your work and have stress free day" Abby shrugged, crossing her arms over her chest. "So I'm not accepting any "no's" you'll get up right now Mr and leave this place for a few hours".

Jacob raised his hands up, surrendering to his stubborn girlfriend. Abby smiled, satisfied that her plan had worked.

"Ok. Whatever you say" Jacob said as he stood up from his chair and followed Abby outside.

-

"Man. I didn't think this part through" Abby said as she looked up at the pathway that lead to the top of the mountain.

"Yep. Now we have to hike up to the top" Jacob confirmed.

Hiking was fun to Abby but going up all those stairs was not what she considered "fun". They had only reached half way and her muscles were ready to shut down. Her breathing was getting out of control, only to remember that she was an asthmatic. She dropped her bag on the ground and looked for her inhaler that helped control her breathing. She took one big puff and stayed still, waiting for the medication to work.

"You're an asthmatic?" Jacob stopped behind her. "Why didn't you tell me?".

"I completely forgot about it. It's not the first time I forgot" Abby replied back.

"You forgot that you were an asthmatic?" Jacob asked, kneeling down in front of her and lifting her head up.

"It doesn't cause me too much problems, unless I'm walking up hills and stuff" Abby answered, taking in deep breaths each time.

"We still have a long way to go up. Maybe we should turn around and go somewhere else" Jacob offered.

Abby nodded at Jacob, grabbed her bag and stood back up with his help. "Where else can we go?".