제 |2| 장

Sung Hyun's nostrils flared in an instant, her teeth were bared, growling at her prey, as blood boiled in her veins. The instinct of a wild warrior took over.

"Ya! What are you doing with my mother?" Her voice thundered, causing all the palace men to turn around, simultaneously drawing their swords.

"No!" Sung Hyun's mother mouthed at her daughter, face overtook with terror. Unsheathing her sword had awakened the beast inside her.

Sung Hyun held up the blade above her shoulders, as the first guard dashed towards her, "You're dead!" He howled, going for a cut as he lunged at her.

Sung Hyun locked swords with an 'X'. She flashed him a mocking smile, grabbing his wrist in a quick swift flick of her left hand. Placing the guy in an elbow lock before breaking it.

The sickly sound of his bones crackling repulsed Sung Hyun. But she didn't flinch. She couldn't afford to when she had 6 other males in front of her threatening to cut her head off. The man fell to the ground clenching his teeth in attempt to stop screaming.

"How dare you?" another barked, going for another cut with his sword but Sung Hyun parried his attack.

"You picked on the wrong person." she sneered, the corner of her lip revealing her gums in a yet another derisive smirk.

He thrust the sword forward hoping to seize a small opening he saw but Sung Hyun evaded the attack once again, pivoting around her foot before lunging at him. Striking the shoulder of his sword and with one quick motion which disarmed him.

She positioned her sword an inch from his neck, the sharp object threatening to cut his carotid artery.

Sung Hyun leaned in closer, although being shorter, her opponent still flinched, the same mocking grin she had before appeared once again, she tilted her head.

"You choose, I kill you, or you run for your life?" her silvery yet intimidating voice solicited a quick response from him. Sung Hyun watched in slight amusement as the man ran with all the strength he could muster in his wobbly legs.

She turned around to see her mother, her pale face, lost the even so little red it had. Her jaw was hanging and her eyes expressed it all. She was petrified.

Sung Hyun dashed towards her. Cutting off the ropes around her mother's feet and pulling a small knife out of her beoseon handing it to her.

"Behind you!" her mother hollered squeezing her eyes shut, her nose wrinkled. From the wild expression on her mother's face Sung Hyun calculates her next move.

Sung Hyun spun on her feet, holding the sword above her head to block the attack. Sweat accumulated on her forehead, and with every swift motion, the sweat left her forehead at perpendicular angles. Being on lower ground, she had the disadvantage.

The solider picked up the sword over his shoulder, going for a side cut. Sung Hyun holds her sword up vertically and the sound of striking swords, affirmed Sung Hyun's success in warding of his attack.

Sung Hyun placed her other hand on the head of her sword pushing his blade to the right with the strength in her sword, briskly taking control over her opponents weapon. Taking his moment of weakness to kick his knees causing him to fall. Sung Hyun grabs his blade holding onto it with her other hand. She looks behind to her mother signalling for her to use the knife to escape.

2 men down, 5 to go. The corners of Sung Hyun mouth stretched, displaying her emblematic sinister sneer. The chocolate of her eyes replaced with raging flames.

"What are you waiting for?" she jeered, going into combat stance with both blades in her hands.

She stepped forward in attempt to get as far away as possible from her mother giving her a chance to escape.

"How dare you mock the kings men?!" One yelled, lunging towards Sung Hyun as another joined him attacking her from the left in synchronous.

Sung Hyun lunges to the right, swinging her left blade at one as the other went in for a cut to her right. Her satgat flew off her head in the hustle of the fight, revealing her silky black hair, which was kept up in a bun. With great hast, she parried his cut with her right sword putting strength in her foot to jump back.

Seizing the opportunity, she pulls one hand above her head making the blade whirl around her dexterous wrists. With a thrust she followed in with a pirouette, lunging at him with both blades, each strike following the other, causing him to back off.

She felt the humming of the blades ring through her forearms as they clashed with each beat. Overwhelming her opponent, and with one blow she breaks their sword in half.

Without wasting anymore seconds, the other solider leaped at Sung Hyun. Instantly she holds an X with both blades, blocking him off.
The blades caressed. Disengaging, in attempt to find an opening.

Sung Hyun's mother managed to break free, without second thought she cuts the ropes binding the little girl. "Sung Hyun! Run!" her mother's cried as she pulled the little girl along with her.

Sung Hyun stole a second to glance at her mother, "I'll be behind you, just go!" Turning back just in time to react. Sung Hyun retreated 3 steps back on her right foot, and with one agile pivot, she puts strength on her left jumping with a whirl. Her sword follows the stroke of her wrist. Before she landed, her opponents weapon dropped, leaving him unarmed.

She turns around, with still 3 other men left behind, confident that they'll leave her alone, she walks behind her mother who began to run with the child.

Quick, reticent footsteps neared Sung Hyun. Once sensing them, her body tensed for a second.

A second too late.

A sharp object slightly grazed her throat right when she felt someone trap her with their body from behind.

He added little pressure to the knife in his hand and red trickled down her neck, "So presumptuous, eh?" he scoffed. He shifts his attention to her mother who just noticed Sung Hyun couldn't free herself, reluctantly turning back.

Smirking to his ear, he cupped her chin, jolting her head up revealing more of her throat.

"Get back here or i'll chop off your sons head." He snarled, feeling victorious. Thick, red, liquid trickled down Sung Hyun's neck. She flashed her mother a smile, eyes quivering.

"I'll be fine" she mouthed. The blade threatening to take her life any second.

____

Some Korean words~

Beoseon: Socks worm with hanbok.
Hanbok: Korean attire (more sophisticated robe)
Pabo: Korean for 'stupid, fool'