제 |12| 장

Chin-Hwa had spent the past week thinking of ways to steal back Sung Hyun. Just when he'd finally found someone who could become his teacher he was robbed. He was definitely not giving up on his ticket to success. He needed to become the strongest.

Yeon-seok has always been the bane of Chin-Hwa's life. Even though Young- Min, his youngest brother was much more talented then the both of them; Yeon-seok was always one step ahead.

If Yeon-seok thinks he could just water the embers of Chin-Hwa's ambitions then he was wrong. Chin-Hwa has too much to lose for him to give up like this. Even if Yeon-seok tried, the steam of Chin-Hwa's aspirations will scald him bad.

He instructed eunuch Han to get someone to keep an eye on Sung Hyun. Every detail was to be reported. Where, when, What he was doing. He needed to convince Sung Hyun to come back to him. At any cost.

If he couldn't he could ask his mother to arrange it for him. She would easily convince his father the emperor to assign Sung Hyun to him. But that wasn't going to be his first choice. He didn't want to disappoint his mother for being unable to even maintain his own people. Sung Hyun wasn't even one of his people. In the moments that she was he considered her on his side.

Eunuch Han reported that Sung Hyun likes to hung out on rooftops. That was peculiar but yet everything about her was peculiar to him.

"Prince Chin-Hwa!"

"Yes? Speak what is the matter?"

"Sung Hyun is injured! I witnessed him being stabbed and an arrow pierced his shoulder, your highness!"

Chin-Hwa was soon on his feet running towards the eunuch quarters. Who would do this? What would they benefit from killing an eunuch? Questions raced through his head, questions that he subconsciously used to busy his mind from the fact that the only ticket to his success might have been murdered.

"Sung Hyun!" He burst through the doors to the eunuch quarters

"Where is Sung Hyun?"

"Your highness, H-he isn't here!"

"A few moments ago Prince Young-min asked for one of the royal physicians to accompany him.

"Where?"

"I'm not sure but they were headed towards the eunuch quarters."

"The have to be somewhere inside for the physician to tend to his wounds."

"They might be in on of the storage rooms near the quarters."

"Sung Hyun!"

Sung Hyun was laying in the middle of hay that was covered with a black blanket. He could see a small sliver of the white bandages wrapped around her abdomin. And some heavy bandages around her right shoulder that bulked up under her black hambok. But there was a bigger elephant in the room. Young-min was on the blanket with Sung Hyun in his embrace. His arms wrapped carefully around her, avoiding her wounds. Just like a bear hugging it's cub to keep it warm during its hibernation.

Sung Hyun was drenched in sweat, yet shivering as the cold wind entered through the door permeated her bones. Chin-Hwa just stood there. Confused was not a word enough to describe his bafflement.

Sung Hyun's eyes fluttered open as she squinted to see who was at the door. The warmth that Young-min shared with her was only then recognized. As she turned her head around. Young-min was asleep. So deep in slumber that he didn't react to any of the movement under his arm.

"W-what is going on here?"

"Prince! It's not what it looks like."

"Then explain to me what it is!"

"I-I was injured an I was feeling cold so my friend here was trying to keep me warm."

"Your friend?"

"Yes, is something wrong your highness? You seem very tired."

"N-no nothing is wrong. Since you are injured I will visit you next time. N-no I mean I shall summon you next time."

After hearing the door close behind Chin- Hwa, Sung Hyun rolls around try to get away from Young- Mims embrace. She was careful not to strain her injuries.

"You slept like a baby." He whispers as his arms tightened around her slightly.

"I did not." Sung Hyun said with a defeated voice. She was drained of the energy to fight back.

Young-min chuckled a little as he gently fixed Sung Hyuns hair, "I'll make sure you don't get hurt again. You're safe with me."