Security Guard

[inspired by Jughead looking hot af in trainee uniform]

"Hey, Betts," Archie said.
"Archie, what did I say about the name," Betty replies with a sigh.
"Oh, yeah, sorry, uh,"
"Arch, what is it?"
"You know, can we go to the library to talk," he eventually got out.
"Yeah, let's go."
Archie had a crush on Betty for a while now, in his terms, so more like three weeks. But Betty didn't. She didn't really see the appeal of the boy next door. They both walked into the library and into the restricted section as it was the only space with nobody in here.
"You know, Betty I've been thinking about us for a while, if you know what I mean," Archie said.
"We're friends, Archie, sure."
"Yeah, but what if we were more than just friends."
"Arch, I don't think..." Betty started to say, but was abruptly interrupted.
"Who's in here, you know it's the restricted section."
He came into sight. Betty's heart stopped as she looked at him. He was the epitome of gorgeous. Only a second later, did his eyes reach hers. He looked at her and was enraptured by her beauty. "What are you two doing in here?" he said finally taking his eyes off Betty and onto Archie
"Ugh Andrews," he said with disgust, "didn't know you could read."
"I can read, Jones."
"Well you never come in here, what are you doing in the restricted section?"
"I needed to talk to someone," Archie grumbled whilst gesturing to Betty beside him.
"And who might you be, beautiful?" Jughead enquired whilst looking at Betty, again. She blushed a scarlet red and Archie grumbled.
"Quit it, Jones. I called first," Archie said.
"Ah, forever the misogynist,"
"I am not."
"You are literally just saying that cause you don't know what it means."
"Not true."
"If you could quit your whole testosterone act right now, can I go?" Betty abruptly said.
"But I didn't get to say what I wanted to say, Betty," Archie said annoyed.
"Betty, that's your name,"
"That would be true 'Jones'"
"It's Jughead,"
"Nice name, it's different. I like it,"
"Thanks, Betts,"
"No problem," Betty replies with a slight blush to her cheeks. To this one name, Archie's muscles tensed.

Over the next week, Jughead and Betty both couldn't stop thinking of each other. Despite not having talked since that one conversation, they both felt a connection with each other. It lasted a total of one week till Betty felt like she needed to see him again. So, she went back to the library where she knew that a certain beanie-wearing boy would be.

"Betty, I'm starting to think that it's you that can't read. Then I realise that you are the smartest person in this year so that can't be true," a voice said, interrupting the silence the restricted section held. "Now, what are you doing here, again, in the restricted section?"
"I was bored,"
"Just bored," he said with a knowing smirk.
"Well there may have been an ulterior motive behind it," she said whilst walking slowly towards Jughead, "or in front of me."
"And would this motive have anything to do with me?" Jughead said, moving towards her at the same time.
"Yeah," Betty breathlessly said.
"Good."
And in a second, he clasped his hand around her cheek and brought her face to his. They pressed their lips together and started to move in rhythm.

Betty and Jughead went on a date soon after and became a couple. Yes, they were the people who were attached at the hip. It didn't matter if they were making out in the classroom, under the bleachers, but their favourite spot was the spot where it all began: the restricted section in the library.
"Mr Jones, Miss...?"The main librarian said.
"Cooper."
"Fine, Mr Jones you are banished from duties from this library. And you, Miss Cooper, need the premises with Mr Jones here. Immediately."
He dragged Betty out of the library, clasping her hand in his. Once they got outside, Jughead brought his hands up to hold Betty's face and, together, they learnt in and pressed their lips together in a passionate kiss.
"I'm sorry you got fired," Betty solemnly said, after they pulled apart.
"I'm only sorry we lost our spot."
"I guess we will have to find another one."
"Yeah, do you wanna go scout one out now, Juggie?"
"Or we could just stay... right... here," he said. At every word he brought his face closer to Betty's and by the end, they were together again. Expressing how they felt to each other, whilst exploring each other's mouths.

A/N: hey, new one shot. Anyway, as always: vote and leave any requests below.
Always, E <3