the dark wedding

"Okay, wait... so a warlock from your clan owns a sex shop?" Jaebum questions as he drives Seulgi to the address she gave him.

"He's not from our clan, but... more like a family friend? He belongs to Super Junior."

"And we're visiting him to give him an invitation to a dark wedding?"

"Yeah between acquaintances."

"You're speaking in riddles, like a true witch. Come on, just tell me." Jaebum reaches over, pinching Seulgi's thigh.

"Well, next month a more official dark wedding is happening. This one is more impromptu and not supported." She explains, grabbing his hand and holding it.

"Why is that?"

"Our generation is full of trouble makers." Seulgi giggles, "An old clan C-Clown, weird name I know, they disbanded a few years ago. Their leader, Yu Barom, is getting married."

"And that's not supported why?"

"He was engaged to someone before his clan was disbanded, and...well, that's not who he's  actually marrying in a few days."

"Cheater?"

"Nope. The previous one was arranged, this one is out of love, but you can imagine the more traditional witches and warlocks aren't fans of when their plans don't go accordingly."

"Sounds familiar."

"Yeah, we expect a lot of shit to go down at this wedding, though I'm happy for Rome and his betrothed, Hyangsook."

"Are you going to this wedding?"

"Of course, and you are too."

"I am?"

"Yeah, no higher ups will be there, just fellow witches and warlocks our age. It'll be fun."

"And you want me to be there?"

"I do." Seulgi smiles.

"So...what's this warlock's name? The one we're visiting?"

"Heechul."

Jaebum's not sure what he expected to see at Heechul's shop, but for some reason this fits. It's gaudy, feather boas everywhere, sex swings, vibrators, dildos and ball-gags on display, with vivid posters and a bunch of books. "I have to find Heechul." Seulgi tells him, "Look around for a bit, but if you're really bored, come find me." Jaebum nods his head, decides to take an interest in the books while Seulgi disappears. There's a lot of options to choose from... some on kama sutra, some biographies from porn-stars, and then one nondescript book. Jaebum chooses the nondescript book.

It's in another language, appears to be latin. Jaebum doesn't understand it, Seulgi probably does, but he'll bother her about it later. He flips through, wondering if he can find any photos to help him decipher what this book is talking about. He finds one photo, a creepy one of a creature with long fangs, and claws, reminds him slightly of a werewolf. Above the photo is a phrase, one Jaebum runs his finger over as he struggles to pronounce it. The book begins to shake in his hands then, and he takes a step back, letting it fall to the ground until it stops. Nothing happens after that, so he bends to pick it up, carefully placing it back on the shelf. "Weird." he tells himself before heading off to find Seulgi.

Seulgi finds Heechul hiding in an office. "If it isn't Red Velvet's problem child." Heechul greets, propping his feet up on his desk. "And what bring you here to my shop? Things getting boring with your mortal toy?"